Changing a Remington 700 PCR 6.5 Creedmoor to a 6.5 PRC..Is It Possible???

You would have to have the bolt face opened up to accommodate the larger case diameter, and you could end up a little limited on seating depth using the short action.

Might be cheaper/easier to buy an action and just buy components. To remove a barrel, rechamber it, and reinstall it is usually no less than $300, and you still just have a factory quality barrel. You can get a remage premium barrel for around 400.

You would have to have the bolt face opened up to accommodate the larger case diameter, and you could end up a little limited on seating depth using the short action.

Might be cheaper/easier to buy an action and just buy components. To remove a barrel, rechamber it, and reinstall it is usually no less than $300, and you still just have a factory quality barrel. You can get a remage premium barrel for around 400.
Thank you.I talked it over with my machinist/gunsmith yesterday and he said the exact same thing.Im going to buy a Borden Action and Brux or Barlein barrel and go with that.
And just just what I have during the wait time.
I could and considering buing a Defiance action for the time being and build 2 rifles.
Your opinions?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.