Changed the scope

szeitner

I had a Nikon scope mounted on my NEF ultra .243 but couldn't get it to keep a group, wo switched it out last night and put on a spare Sightron 4-16 mil dot I had....what a difference. Went to the range this morning to sight it in, and I was pleasantly surprised. Although the pull on the trigger is still a bit heavy, which I need to figure out, I was still able to keep it at 1/2" at 100, and about 1 1/4 at 200yds.

Attachments

• DSCN1394_crop.jpg
    DSCN1394_crop.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 80
I want to clarify, that the Nikon was/is a great scope. I am pretty sure the issue I was having was with a loose mount, which was taken care of last night when I switched them out. I really like the clarity of the Nikon optics, and it will find a spot on another rifle for sure. Once I find an action, I will get a 22-250 built, and it may well find a home atop it.....

You wouldn"t be interested in a Winchester Model 70 Heavy Varmit would you? I've got one i havn't shot in probably 7 or 8 years.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.