Through the Scope Video - Lucky Dog

Double Naught Spy

http://youtu.be/ztr6k4mt-NM

My buddy and I decided to call coyotes last night. This was our first setup. As the guest, he got the first opportunity to shoot. He got off 2 shots and I got off 2 shots and after that, the only result was one very scared and very lucky coyote.

I like getting video through the scope because it shows so much more of what goes into each shot, good and bad. As can be seen with videoing the other shooter's shots, less insight is revealed. There is no way to see where he was aiming, if he pulled a shot, or if maybe his sights were just off. Don't know. He is off to check the zero on his rifle, however.

The really cool thing, for me, is that you can take the video and slow it down to look at the shots in slow motion or even get individual screen shots, up to 30 individual images per second of video.

So we can see for my shots exactly what I did wrong and have some idea where my buddy's shots went, but not what went wrong.

Later in the evening, he did manage a very quick coyote kill at about 50 or 60 yards. I spotted the coyote and whispered, "Coyote, right" and he was already on it and firing just a second later, long before I had a chance to get video. So the evening was productive.

The distance estimates are based on landmarks and using Google Earth to get the distances.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.