Chamber a 6.5prc to 6.5saum or 6.5wsm?

What is the barrel length?
Twist rate?
Try RL23, RL26, N565, H1000.
Try a magnum primer.
Just because you are 4 grain over "book" max does not necessarily mean you are over pressure in YOUR rifle. Book loads are "lawyer loads". So they can't get sued. I have no idea if it is overpressure or not, as I have not seen the brass or fired it.
With 200 rounds down the barrel, I bet it has already smoothed out and broken in. Try cleaning it and stripping the bore completely before you start anything new.

With a 140gn bullet the 6.5 PRC will deliver about 3000fps, maybe 3050 at the top end. Just like a 6.5-284, 6.5 Rem Mag or a 6.5-06 as they are all within a cats whisker of each other for capacity.

With a 140gn bullet the 6.5 SAUM will deliver 3150fps easily, 3200fps at the top end. There are a number of companies now making SAUM Brass, including some headstamped as 6.5 SAUM.

The 6.5 WSM may add 50 fps to the 6.5 SAUM, maybe.
The original owner was pushing 147 eld at 3k but way over book max, i scared him so he have me the rifle since he has a 6.5-284. I am thinking a bullet with less bearing surface may speed it up with out the hot loading.

What is the barrel length?
Twist rate?
Try RL23, RL26, N565, H1000.
Try a magnum primer.
Just because you are 4 grain over "book" max does not necessarily mean you are over pressure in YOUR rifle. Book loads are "lawyer loads". So they can't get sued. I have no idea if it is overpressure or not, as I have not seen the brass or fired it.
With 200 rounds down the barrel, I bet it has already smoothed out and broken in. Try cleaning it and stripping the bore completely before you start anything new.
It's a 24.4in 1-8.6 and was shooting 147s 1/4 moa.I have not loaded for it yet, just what the original owner did. He did not get any pressure but ejector marks even with mild loads.

I will have brass on Monday and I think I'll get some adg if possible. I did a good cleaning with sweets the bore is one of the smoothest I've ever seen.

The original owner was pushing 147 eld at 3k but way over book max, i scared him so he have me the rifle since he has a 6.5-284. I am thinking a bullet with less bearing surface may speed it up with out the hot loading.

I think that's pretty good, esp. if it groups well. As @lancetkenyon noted, try other powders and primers. H4831SC has been my go-to powder for most chambering.

Good luck!

I think that's pretty good, esp. if it groups well. As @lancetkenyon noted, try other powders and primers. H4831SC has been my go-to powder for most chambering.

Good luck!
Ya I don't think any group he shot was over 3/4 moa, and that was just testing for speed not accuracy. The mauser m18 are proving to be great shooters. One owner of a gun shop said his, witch is the same as mine was the most accurate factory rifle he has ever shot. I have to ask him what the loads were.

I did ask if he has rl26 he chuckled. I have to get some 4831 and 4350 so I'll try them. I am waiting to get a chronograph to. I'll get h1000 and retumbo.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.