Chair recommendations for sitting water in a blind

dave300

Looking for help in what chair for a blind hunt, I suspect we could be in for a long period. Prefer to have swivel and a back, not sure about arm rests and having the ability to shoot.
Appreciate any input. TIA

I bought one of these specifically for dove hunting. Its about the size and weight of a typical folding chair so you can carry it a reasonable distance to a stand. It gives me a lot of mobility to move/spin quickly with both feet on the ground which may come at the price of long term comfort, but I would have to use it more to really know. There are several out there that clearly have the same design and I am sure are made in the same factory, this one just happened to be the best value. Roger's customer service is always great.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com...728614276795&custcol_ava_pickup=F&undefined=1

I've sat many hours and days sun up to sun down. When I use a ground blind vs. a tree stand it's for comfort typically. I've used the little Double Bull tripod chair and the one above. To me I can't last too long before the bum starts hurting.

If I'm by myself and using my compound, I'll usually use a black full sized Coleman with armrests but will take the bottom screw out and slip the arm rest off on the right side Like in the link below.
Amazon product ASIN B0033990ZQ
If someone else is in with me or I'm using my longbow, I have some chairs without arms rests and maybe 80% the size of the full sized that I'll use similar to the link below. Or the full size for me and a small for the other "passenger". 2 large don't fit real well since I need to be closer to center for shooting archery. This is with a Double Bull 360* Matrix which is a large blind. Amazon product ASIN B0044EXZ7I
If it's going to be an all dayer or multi all dayers, I'm all about that comfort.

Here is what I use to carry all my hunting gear from the truck to the ground blind. The cart bag serves as a chair with backrest. It is the same cart I use in high power matches. It's a long walk from the parking lot to 200 yard on Viale, Camp Perry with all the gear on your shoulder, the cart is handy.

Actual picture was lifted from the net as I don't have a picture of mine. Identical to it except mine has taller wheels.

Screenshot_20220602-021517_Chrome.jpg

Comfort is paramount when spending long days in the blind. My favorite is an old Coleman chair. I'm not sure they still make it. I tried one of those light weight triangular stools last year and threw it in the trash after one sit. It was the most uncomfortable chair I have ever tried.

Office chair. End of story! We have them in all of our blinds.
I'll second Peddler 76's comments.

When I lived in South Carolina, I was the administrator for an Orthopedic group. About half of my doctors hunted deer. Back in 2012 we closed one of our two offices, so we put a ton of stuff into storage units. We didn't open another office, so the stuff sat untouched for a few years.

One of the physical therapists we sent patients to owned over 2,200 acres and had over 20 box blinds on his properties. I got tired of sitting on his metal folding chairs, so I started making trips to the storage units to get a chair or two to take down to the blinds. In about 6 months, I had outfitted all of his box blinds with top-of-the-line tall adjustable height drafting chairs that had lumbar support, foot rests, and flip up arms rests.

Around 2015, one of my docs came up to me during deer season to let me know that he'd been down hunting, and it was one of the best trips he'd been on. He didn't see any bucks, but his 4 hour sit was the most comfortable he'd ever had deer hunting. I thought he was going to be ****ed that I essentially gave away $10k of office furniture, but he was cool with it.

I should note, i then went to sitting on buckets and did have one of those crack on me as well when i shifted my weight. Buckets work good but they do get old and brittle when theyve been sitting out there for a long time. Im only about 180lbs,,,

About 15 years ago, a technical college where I was working at the time was surplusing in a bunch of office chairs. I took a trailer load home and have them in every ground blind and platform. I double bag them with large heavy duty trash bags and zip tie around the swivel bottom at the end of the season.

Office chair for sure! As Segare said bag it up when not in use to keep the moisture and wasps out! Also make sure you give it a once over with some light oil or silicone to get rid of any squeaks at the beginning of the season. I like the ones with adjustable arm heights.

Office chairs keep you comfortable so you can sit longer. They are height adjustable. The wheels let you push them out of the way in a hurry without tipping them over in the heat of the moment. We put shag carpet in our blinds with the shag side down. It deadens the sound of the wheels rolling, but still let's the chair move freely enough.

Iv tried about every cushion you can think of to put on my chair in a deer stand. Then one day at a yard sale I found what has been and I think the best cushion to use. Question…. Who sits more than anyone? A person in a wheelchair. I saw the cushion and asked what it was from. They told me, and the light bulb finally came on!!!! I bought it and have sit many all day hunts with it. Just buy an el cheap O plastic lawn chair with arms. There light and no noise. Put the cushion on it and your good to go!!! I would think you could go to a local Med Shop that sells wheelchairs and order just a cushion. It's contoured for the cheeks and thighs. Anyway it's the best iv ever used in 40 yrs of hunting. Hope it helps