Cerakoting action and barrel

I have another question for all, do you Bed the action before Cerakoting or after? I plan on bedding from Recoil lug and back, none under front of recoil lug. If you apply Cerakote correctly at 1mm thickness, it is just a hair over 1/32 of an inch, I would not think that would cause issues if bedded before Cerakote versus after, or am I wrong on that process? Thanks in advance.

Bed afterwards, you want the best fit possible.

Regarding the thickness, you are off on your thickness. It should be applied at .001-.002", not .031".

If you apply Cerakote correctly at 1mm thickness,
That's too thick for most colors. Check the TDS on Cerakote's site for the specific color/coating type and it will specify.
Recommended thickness for most is 1-2 mils. 1 mm is 4 mils.

In any case, Cerakote after bedding is fine- and that's how I do it. Adding a few thousandths of an inch has no effect on the quality of the bedding job- that's just getting into the weeds. Cerakote is the last operation for me.

That's too thick for most colors. Check the TDS on Cerakote's site for the specific color/coating type and it will specify.
Recommended thickness for most is 1-2 mils. 1 mm is 4 mils.

In any case, Cerakote after bedding is fine- and that's how I do it. Adding a few thousandths of an inch has no effect on the quality of the bedding job- that's just getting into the weeds. Cerakote is the last operation for me.
You are correct, I was thinking mils, but did millimeters..