Ceracoat ??

wbyfireman

image.jpg

Looking to ceracoat my action and barrel with my new McMillan A3-5 tactical stock. This will be in .338 Lapua and have a Nightforce NXS scope mounted. Any ideas as far as what color would look sharp?? Opinions would be appreciated. This is my first custom, and first time ceracoating any firearm....

Thanks

I have a couple of rifles done in Flat Dark Earth and I'm really happy with the Cerakote. Try a Google image search for rifle cerakote and you'll be able to look at thousands of pics. Good luck with your build, I love the big 338s.

Maybe consider a color in your stock. Sniper grey would look nice. However, black would make the stock colors come out. I am assuming you are going to have a black base and rings.

Maybe consider a color in your stock. Sniper grey would look nice. However, black would make the stock colors come out. I am assuming you are going to have a black base and rings.

Yes that's correct. I was looking at "ceracoats" official website and am thinking the "McMillan tan" would match nicely considering it's a McMillan stock (I'm assuming the tans in the camo pattern on the stock will match)

Fireman, you'll like the Creakote, it's very tough. I had one of my .257 Wby's done 5 years ago and it's still looks like new. Did the barrel, action, bolt, trigger guard, bottom metal and scope rings in coyote tan which is near the tan/black web factory stock. There was a very small bit of Cerakote in the muzzle, but it shot out after a few rounds. Hope you're happy with your choice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 78
View attachment 53142

Looking to ceracoat my action and barrel with my new McMillan A3-5 tactical stock. This will be in .338 Lapua and have a Nightforce NXS scope mounted. Any ideas as far as what color would look sharp?? Opinions would be appreciated. This is my first custom, and first time ceracoating any firearm....

Thanks
Personally I lean towards the FDE or Sand colors. They can also match the sand/tan color if you got the McMillan camo stock pretty closely.

The flat sniper grey is also a very good natural/neutral tone.

Not sure what part of the country you are from, but in the west/southwest - darker colors attract a lot of heat. Living in AZ, I try to keep my barrels and stocks in the lighter camo shades.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.