Central Arkansas....where to go?

ScottB

Living in central Arkansas doesn't offer all that many places for a responsible individual that wants to shoot at longer range. We have Mayflower AGFC range, but 200 yards is about 300 yards shorter then I really like to start at! There is the Benton Gun Club, but how many people want to try to shoot around all those club matches on the weekends?!?!? Impossible and in the end, money wasted!!

So I ask, as my first topic/post on this forum(been lurking for a long time).... Is there anywhere, or anyone willing to share their shoot spot in the Central Arkansas area?

Scott

subsailor

I was out at the range this morning and, other than a couple of ranges, plenty of benches were open. Looking at the match schedule, the 600 yard range is in use the afternoon of the 1st Sat, the morning of the 4th Sat, the morning of the 1st Sun and 4th Sun.

Looks like plenty of time to me.

Some of the shorter ranges never have matches.

You might come out some time and look. I think it's $75 well spent.

LapuaMile

I know what you mean... I've struggled with this as well.

I live in NWA, and 100 yards is all we have... at Hobbs. I have been considering joining the Old Fort Gun Club, in Fort Smith, as they at least have a 300 yard target. The only downside is that it's 1 1/2 hours away from me.

I hope your post spurs some new information.

rickjoty

I planning on converting my Tikka T3 270 win to 6mm CR. Can anyone recommend a highly qualified gun smith anywhere near California for this?

Frog4aday

I planning on converting my Tikka T3 270 win to 6mm CR. Can anyone recommend a highly qualified gun smith anywhere near California for this?
I think you are posting in the wrong place. The OP is looking for a range in central AR to shoot farther than 200 yards. Maybe start your own post?

Frog4aday

Ha! I was wondering how you ended up posting here.
Best gunsmith I know is Charley Robertson @ Score High in Albuquerque,NM. Google him. Good luck.

Back to the OP: I'm hoping some one else chimes in with some ranges to help you out. I'm considering a move to the Natural State myself. Good to know where the long ranges might be.

Buck1970

Not sure how far away you are, but a new place is open in Texarkana, Rocky Creek outdoors.
Only the 100 yard is open now, but a 700 yard is almost complete.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce