Arkansas long range

Azag

Hello,

I am looking for a patch of land to do some long range shooting in central Arkansas. Unfortunately I can't drive over 30 to 45 minutes from Conway due to money issues and time away from family...the gas fields are stingy on time off. I am looking for atleast 600 yards of room to shoot as I will not only be dusting off skills long past retired, but I will be teaching my younger brother the art of shooting science as well.
I am respectful of property and will do no damage to property, wildlife, livestock, or pesky neighbors ;-)

I would not bring a group or irresponsible persons...all involved are either military trained or firearm trained. All projectiles will be sent only when area behind is clear or deemed safe. We will do housekeeping of the shooting area and all targets collected afterward.

Thank you for your time.

Check out VETS Shooting center in Russell, AR, it's about 15 minutes east of Searcy. It may be a little farther than you want to go, but it's a great place to shoot. Steel targets out to 815 yards.

Hello,

I am looking for a patch of land to do some long range shooting in central Arkansas. Unfortunately I can't drive over 30 to 45 minutes from Conway due to money issues and time away from family...the gas fields are stingy on time off. I am looking for atleast 600 yards of room to shoot as I will not only be dusting off skills long past retired, but I will be teaching my younger brother the art of shooting science as well.
I am respectful of property and will do no damage to property, wildlife, livestock, or pesky neighbors ;-)

I would not bring a group or irresponsible persons...all involved are either military trained or firearm trained. All projectiles will be sent only when area behind is clear or deemed safe. We will do housekeeping of the shooting area and all targets collected afterward.

Thank you for your time.

I know it's farther than you want to go but in case you change your mind Fort Chaffee has the only public 1000 yard range in the state that I know of.

Jerry

I would imagine that the range at Camp Robinson where monthly matches at one time were held has been 'krap-canned' to civilians!

Shame!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.