Central Arkansas....where to go?

ScottB

Living in central Arkansas doesn't offer all that many places for a responsible individual that wants to shoot at longer range. We have Mayflower AGFC range, but 200 yards is about 300 yards shorter then I really like to start at! There is the Benton Gun Club, but how many people want to try to shoot around all those club matches on the weekends?!?!? Impossible and in the end, money wasted!!

So I ask, as my first topic/post on this forum(been lurking for a long time).... Is there anywhere, or anyone willing to share their shoot spot in the Central Arkansas area?

Scott

I was out at the range this morning and, other than a couple of ranges, plenty of benches were open. Looking at the match schedule, the 600 yard range is in use the afternoon of the 1st Sat, the morning of the 4th Sat, the morning of the 1st Sun and 4th Sun.

Looks like plenty of time to me.

Some of the shorter ranges never have matches.

You might come out some time and look. I think it's $75 well spent.

I know what you mean... I've struggled with this as well.

I live in NWA, and 100 yards is all we have... at Hobbs. I have been considering joining the Old Fort Gun Club, in Fort Smith, as they at least have a 300 yard target. The only downside is that it's 1 1/2 hours away from me.

I hope your post spurs some new information.

I planning on converting my Tikka T3 270 win to 6mm CR. Can anyone recommend a highly qualified gun smith anywhere near California for this?

Ha! I was wondering how you ended up posting here.
Best gunsmith I know is Charley Robertson @ Score High in Albuquerque,NM. Google him. Good luck.

Back to the OP: I'm hoping some one else chimes in with some ranges to help you out. I'm considering a move to the Natural State myself. Good to know where the long ranges might be.

Not sure how far away you are, but a new place is open in Texarkana, Rocky Creek outdoors.
Only the 100 yard is open now, but a 700 yard is almost complete.

Depending on your location Benton Gun Club has 550 yards and Mountain Valley Shooting Association is working on putting and 800 yard range in Hot Springs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.