Central Texas Gunsmith

catorres1

I need a gunsmith, preferably in Central Texas, to put together a rifle for me. The smith I was planning to try is not taking on any new work for the foreseeable future. Trying to build a long range 65 shooter off of a remington action. Need it trued, rebarreled, barrel blued or coated or whatever, stock bedded, maybe a new trigger installed.

Any recommendations of cost effective, but decent builders would be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a GAP etc., I am not a competitor either, but don't want a shade tree mechanic either.

I would prefer somewhere in central Texas, but will travel or ship if I have to.

Thanks!

sierracharlie338

Alamo precision in the Dallas area does great work. Worth sending it to them. Heard good things about hill country as well.

marioq

I’m working with west Texas and talking to Clayton. Good dude!!!! All the people there have been great. Good communication. Not sure what price is reasonable. But they didn’t break the bank.

jraulsten

LRH Team Member
Any of those mentioned are great. Aaron Roberts in Spring is another to consider. He is an absolute perfectionist.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.