Center grip triggers

Alaska_Seth

I have heard from several folks that there are a couple of manufactuerers for center grip XP-100 bolt action pistol triggers.

Any truth to that?

Thinking of doing a 700 Clone custom on a Pierce or Stiller receiver. But I want to use the McMillan XP stock.

HS Precision 2000 is $2300.

2nd hand XP is $500-800 Stilller or Definace is about $850
$300 Lilja or Krieger stainless barrel
XP stock is $330 shipped
I'll have whatever I have in my time on the lathe, and reamers, gauges. $250.
Plus Cerakote if I don't tool up to do that myself $250.

Kind of hard to justify building one isn't it?

I have heard from several folks that there are a couple of manufactuerers for center grip XP-100 bolt action pistol triggers.

Any truth to that?

Thinking of doing a 700 Clone custom on a Pierce or Stiller receiver. But I want to use the McMillan XP stock.

HS Precision 2000 is $2300.

2nd hand XP is $500-800 Stilller or Definace is about $850
$300 Lilja or Krieger stainless barrel
XP stock is $330 shipped
I'll have whatever I have in my time on the lathe, and reamers, gauges. $250.
Plus Cerakote if I don't tool up to do that myself $250.

Kind of hard to justify building one isn't it?

If you start by buying an original plastic stock XP-100 you get several parts, particularly the trigger assembly.
dsc00936.jpg

Last edited:
Specs on the above XP-100: Chambered in 260 Rem, 15-7/8" barrel. It shoots Lapua 123 Scenars stable to a little over 1000 yards. I bought it used. I don't know it's history or who did the smithing. The action and trigger are standard XP-100.

The two Contenders in the photo are a 25" 17 Remington and a 16" 45-70. The fourth pistol is a 950B Berreta in 22 short. Of all the pistols I own those give (top to bottom) highest velocity, highest muzzle energy, longest range, and smallest size.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.