CE ProChrono DLX Reviews?

General RE LEE

I went with this chronograph as part of my adventure to start reloading. Are these serviceable? Anyone use one similar when developing a load?

Their claims of a faster internal shot clock might be an improvement over the previous model. I used my older model ProChrono Digital for load development. I was measuring between 2,400 & 2,900 fps. All measurements were in increments of approximately 5 fps with no values in between, leading me to conclude that it cannot divide time fine enough to measure closer. I was mostly looking for average and ES instead of exact traceable velocity (I don't trust any SD based on a sample size of 5) and I did get useful info. This model says the change improves accuracy to +/- 0.5% where mine claims +/- 1%. The difference in average velocity between the ProChrono Digital and a Labradar was just over 1%. It's still a useful tool, it is much better than nothing and about 20% of the cost of Labradar, but it does have limitations.

Used both —-the older one and this one. Works fine except in low light conditions.
low light conditions it does not read.
seems to be a common problem.
I place mine 15 feet away from end of gun and seems to be farily consistant.
if you are just using it here and there it works good.
I do like the blue tooth for the phones.

Used both —-the older one and this one. Works fine except in low light conditions.
low light conditions it does not read.
seems to be a common problem.
I place mine 15 feet away from end of gun and seems to be farily consistant.
if you are just using it here and there it works good.
I do like the blue tooth for the phones.
Can it be placed just at the end of the rifle? My bench will not allow for much clearance beyond the end of the rifle. Maybe 1-2'

I have used a couple ProChrono and they work well except for the few drawbacks. one low light, two they have to be 15 ft in front of muzzle and it can cause problems with other shooters around you if you keep going in front of shooting line. don't put it any closer if you expect it to last more than one shot the muzzle blast will destroy it.
I have switched to magnetospeed but that affects groups when on the barrel.
pick which one best suits the your needs

Used my DLX today for the first time using my cell with the Blue Tooth feature. I live in Alaska and temp was 28 degrees fh. This device is absolutely awesome, I had entered the bullet weights which resulted in the device showing the P factor of each shot. Lastly all my shots were saved with data for the future. Overall this is great tool for reloaders.

Used my DLX today for the first time using my cell with the Blue Tooth feature. I live in Alaska and temp was 28 degrees fh. This device is absolutely awesome, I had entered the bullet weights which resulted in the device showing the P factor of each shot. Lastly all my shots were saved with data for the future. Overall this is great tool for reloaders.

Since posting this I got a Magnetospeed but I still use the ProChrono DLX. I prefer it due to the app platform and it also doesn't affect POI like the Magnetospeed.