Imr 7977 reviews

jagilks

I am looking for peoples reviews on Imr 7977 at present I use H1000 for my 338 Edge and thought about working up a load if others have found this new powder useful, very interested in others that have tried it Thanks in advance Jim.

I am looking for peoples reviews on Imr 7977 at present I use H1000 for my 338 Edge and thought about working up a load if others have found this new powder useful, very interested in others that have tried it Thanks in advance Jim.

Do a custom search for "IMR 7977" on the top right corner.

It is a very hot burning powder. If shooting a lot of consecutive shots it will get your barrel HOT.
Waiting on my borecam to scope my 260AI barrel I used it in. My AI is used for F class and after 20 shots in a 20 minute period you would get blisters if you grabbed the barrel to long. H1000,H4350 and H4831 has never got that hot.
It is a good powder but needs to used right.

Thanks for the reply's seems I now have a line on H1000 so will by pass 7977 and stick with would have know and have been using .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.