• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED CCI 450

The good news is (I think), there are 7 million more people in personal support of the 2nd Amendment now.

Federal and others will try their hardest to fill the demand, so fear not, the motivation to increase their income will keep their pedal to the metal, and when more people get as much as they think they'll need for a self determined period, or when they reach the limit of their budget, shelves will be full again.

The hard problem for manufacturers is to accurately assess if this demand will be sustained. They have to determine if they should increase capital equipment expenditures and go out on a limb or if this is just transitory and if they should just increase shifts to utilize as much supplies as they can get.

I read the whole thread while sitting in a deer stand with my son.
I don't believe he was researching for a College paper. That was a lie in an effort to save face.
Seems like a suspicious time to be doing research for a paper considering a lot of schools aren't in session or are finishing up finals around December 17th.

interesting while everyone seems to be getting down the seller, where do the manufactures come in. There is a shortage of primer and powder, but the manufacturers? Maybe they are too busy making toilet paper😀
Maybe the cartridge manufacturers are using up all the primers and powder the component manufacturers can put out?

Dunno, this is a weird f'n year. Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year to you all.

Yeah, an old "friend" of many years said he had a sage rat shoot coming up in March, and desperately needed some small rifle primers. As long as he was getting some at my gifting price of $10/1000, could he get a few more thousand, for his son and the other guys on the trip, ... and could I spare him some large rifle and magnum primers? A-a-and, what do I have squirreled away in powder?
Oh, yeah. All he is interested in "the deal," which means, thinking he's "sharp" because he actually stole something. "There is a man who withholds more than is just, but it leads him to poverty." (Proverbs) A thief of any kind is never welcome! He has no real friends here. Pleasantries and polite discourse, but no real friendship.
If I'm selling, I'll check the market price, weigh that against what I'd be willing to pay if I didn't have any, check the supply pipeline, look at the political climate and ask which I'd rather have; the material or the money. I've sat on real estate while the market soared, and I've done the same while it tanked. I've watched while an old man hoarded stuff, and when he died it went for nickels on the dollar. It's worth whatever somebody will pay at the time, and not a penny more.
For all our sakes, I hope the pipeline fills without political interference or upheaval. I can only squeeze the trigger for one carefully aimed shot at a time. And Life is too short to put up with people whose ways I can't abide. They'll go in my estate sale first, to the highest bidder. And if there aren't any bidders or worthy recipients, keep them, gift them or burn 'em.
Nations come, and nations go. And even so, do we.

I simply ignored, And laughing said.. whatever dude... currently only seeing everyone else's responses. I'd never pay that, But I'm certain someone in the wrong situation might.

Never saw so many neg references to GB. I've gotten some really good deals there. Better deals than I've ever seen at any Texas gun show, where you'd think a vendor would discount to move some items. Also seeing prices on GB now much higher than what I paid for an item, great!! Good deals usually get snapped up quickly.

There's usually no reason to bid in an auction for ammo or components unless there is just nothing on the shelves or online stores and you're in dire need. The key is to keep yourself from getting into dire need territory. It would be easier on suppliers too, if people would just consistently buy some, need or not, throughout the year. If people did that everybody wins!

The price went up...
Mountain City Supply has Federal Small pistol primers in stock:
1609025861482.png

Just in case anyone needs some.

SmokinAces made his case for his asking price. He is after all, providing an option for someone who is really desperate. If he didn't offer them at all, the desperate person would just be dead in the water. He did not corner the market on primers, and that's when I think it is a problem. If someone deprives everyone else of access to an item buy leveraging a special position of power then jacks up the prices beyond reasonable margins, that's something to criticize. When multiple parties in a market do this with collusion it's called "price fixing" and is often illegal.

Correct, he can post them on GB or elsewhere too, but maybe there are members here who don't go there who might benefit from his posting.

We are all free to ignore high price offerings without malice if we're not interested.