Case trimming two questions

thumbs

I have used the Lee trimmer you put in your drill and use the hand held cutter to trim to length. So far that works the best but I have over 1k pieces to trim and it takes a while plus the holder sometimes lets go and it's a pain. I bought two of the new quick trim cutters and dies, can't get either one to work properly.

Now the question is, for a poboy, what is the best most efficient trimmer on the market? It would be nice to have one like the Lee that cuts, debars and campers all in one step.

Anyway other that a three hundred dollar machine what is a good reliable cutter for about 100 bucks?

thanks

I have a lyman universal, the Lee system and the Lee quick trim.
I have found that the lee system slow but, extremely accurate and easy to use. First take it out of the drill, then trim by hand and while the brass is still in the holder chamfer and deburr. This will speed up your time.
For the quick trim to work properly you fl size then trim BEFORE you remove the lube from the case. If you neck size or collet size you must apply a little lube to the case first. Without the lube the o ring cannot grip the case and forcing it to do so will break the o ring. When I use the quick trim I find it to be fast but not as accurate as the old Lee system.
The lyman trimmer I use for pistol cases (9mm). For 9mm I found that the old Lee system is just too small for my hands.
The most accurate is the old lee type bang on all the time and I can use it any where I want it is extremely portable. The other 2, well they are mounted in the shop witch can be a plus if I want some reloading alone time.

Thanks. I bought two of the new quick trims the one that goes in the press and has the vertical cutter. The first was obviously bad the second I can't get it to cut accurately. I'm sending both back. Anyway I think I may go with the RCBS pro2 trimmer with the three way cutter. I have about 1k cases to trim so I need something that will speed up the process a little. What slows me down when trimming is cutting then a separate step for deburring ing and chamfering. A cutter that will do it all at once should be a great time saver.

2nd on Little Crow. If you have a large lot of one caliber this is the way to go. Price is ok as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.