Case trimming machine which is the best for the $ ?

Good evening!
The Foster 3 in 1 Case Mouth Trimmer.
Has anyone seen the UTube on how to replace the blades and Pilot on the Foster 3 in 1 Case Mouth Trimmer?
I saw a person that has step by step on setting up a new pilot size and adjusting the cutting blade properly, but can't relocate where I put the link.
Foster states "NOTICE Pilots are not interchangeable between calibers due to the difficulty of setting the carbide cutters to the correct position, which must be done at the factory."
It is just a set screw, pilot, another set screw and a blade. Changing the pilot and resetting the blade can save a small fortune.
That way they get you to purchase a trimmer for each caliber. $70 to $100 for each 3 in 1 Trimmer.
All you really need to do is change the Pilot and adjust the Blade. We have (8) Trimmers right no so just change out is quick. But now we bought another (6) Pilots so can have trimmers for (14) calibers by changing the Pilot and resetting the blade.
If anyone saw the video please send u a link. I will continue to go through our saver websites to see if I can find it. The Pilots can be bought for $4.50 so a big savings from paying $70 to $100 each.

Thanks
Len & Jill

Thanks
Len & Jill
Are you sure it was not the Henderson cutter head. They resemble each other closely. So the principle should be close or not the same as far as adjustment, IMO. This video shows how to adjust the Henderson V3. I also had seen a video with the Trimit 2 showing how to adjust those blades. I would think those would be a little trickier.

Are you sure it was not the Henderson cutter head. They resemble each other closely. So the principle should be close or not the same as far as adjustment, IMO. This video shows how to adjust the Henderson V3. I also had seen a video with the Trimit 2 showing how to adjust those blades. I would think those would be a little trickier.

Thanks
I did see this video and basically the same as the Foster. Todd made his Henderson 3 with the Foster Pilots and cutters.. I wanted to get the Video of the Foster to show other members that they can change Pilots out instead of buying 14 Trimmer Cutter Heads.
Thiis is the same process.
Thanks again
Len & Jill

For the money IMO any of the LEE products are hard to beat
Lee is faster to diddy bop between cartridges, but for batch brass trimming this Frankfurt machine really cuts off the time! Took 20yrs, but I think this machine smokes the Lee hand drill method for batch sizing. I will still use my Lee kits for quick batches rather than fiddle with the settings on the FA.

I made some simple mods:

Opted for a case neck brush screwed into the primer pocket cleaner place
Lee brass holder. Case lube on my fingers made it impossible to grip a bare case while chamfering. Case would torque out my hand
Catch box for shavings.

With the Lee drill and kits I can do 50 cases in 15 minutes. I can easily see 5 minutes now. The case gets plugged in once to the holder for 4 operations. Red arrows my mods.
FAM.jpg

@M1A1ABRAMS

Lee is faster to diddy bop between cartridges, but for batch brass trimming this Frankfurt machine really cuts off the time! Took 20yrs, but I think this machine smokes the Lee hand drill method for batch sizing. I will still use my Lee kits for quick batches rather than fiddle with the settings on the FA.

I made some simple mods:

Opted for a case neck brush screwed into the primer pocket cleaner place
Lee brass holder. Case lube on my fingers made it impossible to grip a bare case while chamfering. Case would torque out my hand
Catch box for shavings.

With the Lee drill and kits I can do 50 cases in 15 minutes. I can easily see 5 minutes now. The case gets plugged in once to the holder for 4 operations. Red arrows my mods.
View attachment 438859
@M1A1ABRAMS
Got the same machine and did the same mods!

Might be old school, but... I've never had any problems with my Gracey Gen I trimmers, and I've had them for a very, very long time. Just my 0.2 Cheers

HPIM2765.JPG

I have Lyman and Forester and set up for using a drill to turn the cases, before and still have. Date in 2022 for Gen 3 system.
Now after sizing my cases I place them into the setup and they are cut if needed. That way everything is the same each time.

I'm not too fond of any trimmer that indexes off the shoulder. Variance in the shoulder bump will make the oal of the case have variations.
I buy a forester trimmer for every caliber I reload for, then fit them with 3-1 trimmer part, set them and forget it and go to trimming. The Henderson trimmer is similar but also $$$ and I'm sure noisy. Sometimes I like quiet and when I need to get things done faster put a drill on it, best of all worlds.
It was 800 bones. It is very quiet. But it is also very fast.

It was 800 bones. It is very quiet. But it is also very fast.
Wow, I think I'll keep doing what I'm doing lol!
Thats good! Idk, I listen or watch tv while doing the tasks of trimming so I like less noise.
One thing I have noticed with the way the forester trimmer grips the case rim, the tighter a person tightens it it can also make variations in length, not much though. I put the trimmer on a 2x4, put a screw where the tightening handle is in the 2x4 and use that as a stop so I have the same amount of "grip" from case to case.