Case trimmers

What`s everyone using for case trimmers? I have a Hornady and I have trouble with varying lengths? I set it for 2.840 for my 7mm STW cases, I take random measurements, some as short as 2.837, some long as 2.845? Is that normal , I realize that`s not much variation but not sure why I get even that much? I was thinking about 1 of the auto trimmers that go off the shoulder of the case? What is the best style of trimmer?
Wilson

I have a Hornadyand RCBS and usually get maybe +/- .001" variation. But that's on 308 Win and 5.56/.223. I'd like a Wilson or such because of the inside case reamer options.
image.jpg

I have had several case trimmers in past years. Had issues with all of them with Hornady being worst. I finally broke down and bought a "Henderson" and modified it with motor, variable speed unit, and plate with holders for Case Length Bolts & Three Way Cutters. Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Can you share any info on your motor setup I would like to the same to my Henderson thanks

Can you share any info on your motor setup I would like to the same to my Henderson t
It was actually pretty difficult to engineer, being a direct drive, variable speed. Had to line it up within 0.001 to keep vibration free. I'll try to look up the parts I bought, but did a lot of machining to get the base plate, motor mount, and motor to line up. The company (Japan) that makes the motor and variable speed unit does not make the same units, but other ones. I'll try my best to find the info.
I am kind of a tinker Master Mechanic Engineer and like to make things or enhance machines instead of buying. SOMETIMES COSTS MORE TO MAKE THAN BUY.
This is one of a kind that I made for sure and every reloader that has seen it wants one. My first version is in post #9. I just think it looks cool and is very functionable (works great) and everything is located on the PLATE - 3in 1 trimmers, Spacers & Collets. No need to clamp or bolt down due to weight and rubber feet under 1/4" plate.
If you want to make something like I have buy the Henderson Trimmer & Motor (or sub the motor with a drill), buy or get a 12"X12"X1/4" steel plate-paint it, drill holes and tap for your spacer bolts, drill & tap to mount the Henderson Trimmer. After that it is portable- no need to bolt or clamp to work bench.
I don't want to post a video of CST motor on Henderson Trimmer because this is Todd Henderson's product and no way competing with him.

Todd makes a motor BELT driven attachment for his HENDERSON Case Trimmers. For his cost it is CHEAP for YOU! I would suggest to anyone to contact Todd Henderson (tell him Coyote Shadow Tracker sent you) for his motor driven attachment. Most reloaders I know just use a variable speed drill. You can buy a mount, buy a plate and hook everything up. or just "C" clamp to your work bench.
See Henderson for his motor

PM me if you want more info.
Thanks
Len & Jill

It was actually pretty difficult to engineer, being a direct drive, variable speed. Had to line it up within 0.001 to keep vibration free. I'll try to look up the parts I bought, but did a lot of machining to get the base plate, motor mount, and motor to line up. The company (Japan) that makes the motor and variable speed unit does not make the same units, but other ones. I'll try my best to find the info.
I am kind of a tinker Master Mechanic Engineer and like to make things or enhance machines instead of buying. SOMETIMES COSTS MORE TO MAKE THAN BUY.
This is one of a kind that I made for sure and every reloader that has seen it wants one. My first version is in post #9. I just think it looks cool and is very functionable (works great) and everything is located on the PLATE - 3in 1 trimmers, Spacers & Collets. No need to clamp or bolt down due to weight and rubber feet under 1/4" plate.
If you want to make something like I have buy the Henderson Trimmer & Motor (or sub the motor with a drill), buy or get a 12"X12"X1/4" steel plate-paint it, drill holes and tap for your spacer bolts, drill & tap to mount the Henderson Trimmer. After that it is portable- no need to bolt or clamp to work bench.
I don't want to post a video of CST motor on Henderson Trimmer because this is Todd Henderson's product and no way competing with him.

Todd makes a motor BELT driven attachment for his HENDERSON Case Trimmers. For his cost it is CHEAP for YOU! I would suggest to anyone to contact Todd Henderson (tell him Coyote Shadow Tracker sent you) for his motor driven attachment. Most reloaders I know just use a variable speed drill. You can buy a mount, buy a plate and hook everything up. or just "C" clamp to your work bench.
See Henderson for his motor

PM me if you want more info.
Thanks
Len & Jill

I would totally buy the Henderson set up but it is out of stock. I'm in the mechanical field as well and think I could use the motor and bracket you did with a flexible type coupler like a woods or love joy or even a hose as a last resort I also have a laser aligner I could use thanks I sent you a pm

I would totally buy the Henderson set up but it is out of stock. I'm in the mechanical field as well and think I could use the motor and bracket you did with a flexible type coupler like a woods or love joy or even a hose as a last resort I also have a laser aligner I could use thanks I sent you a pm
Will send info

Hope this helps. PM me and we can talk on how to build it. Not sure that this is the bracket.
Oriental Motor - Variable speed motor - 1500 RPM / 0.67A - 40W power - 115 VAC
Oriental Motor - Variable speed motor - 1500 RPM / 0.67A - 40W power - 115 VAC
(402525883856)

ORIENTAL MOTOR S0L5M8 MOUNTING BRACKET * NEW NO BOX *
ORIENTAL MOTOR S0L5M8 MOUNTING BRACKET * NEW NO BOX *
(333132850374)

• 9.5 3/8" x 10mm Flexible Shaft Coupling Stepper Motor Coupler D25 L30
Click image to open expanded view

9.5 3/8" x 10mm Flexible Shaft Coupling Stepper Motor Coupler D25 L30

• 1/4 x 12" x 12" Steel Plate, A36 Steel.25" Thick
Click image to open expanded view

1/4 x 12" x 12" Steel Plate, A36 Steel.25" Thick

• Dupli-Color MC200 Red Metal Cast Anodized Color - 11 oz.

henderson-trimmer-modified-jpg.298972

Last edited:
What`s everyone using for case trimmers? I have a Hornady and I have trouble with varying lengths? I set it for 2.840 for my 7mm STW cases, I take random measurements, some as short as 2.837, some long as 2.845? Is that normal , I realize that`s not much variation but not sure why I get even that much? I was thinking about 1 of the auto trimmers that go off the shoulder of the case? What is the best style of trimmer?
Wilson with the micrometer head or Forster

Recent Posts