case headspace

never woulda thougth ! Slow down the press stroke....
Really like the HS gauge he uses.

Believe you 100%
We've been doing the double bump for years, you can use the first hold time count to wipe the lube off the previous brass, then the time count for the second round can be used to lube the next brass.

We use this process on everything from the small rifles to our large 416 stuff

osoh

I haven't had a problem running the press relatively fast and only once. I can consistently bump shoulders back .002"

I haven't had a problem running the press relatively fast and only once. I can consistently bump shoulders back .002"
If what you are doing works well for you then I would not change a thing.
I had problems on 300 weatherby mag brass not being consistent and that's the one that ate my lunch.All others were consistently .002 bump.
MagnumMania said the radius on the weatherby brass is the culprit and to hold the bump for a few seconds and it will come around and it did!

What are y'all measuring with? Something I've found changing from Hornady to Whidden to SAC comparators and stacking all of those up against an LE Wilson case gauge and mic is that there is at least a 0.001" of slop if not more in Hornady tools from how poorly the inserts are cut.

The LE Wilson (or RCBS/ Fulton style mentioned earlier) are IMO the most consistent because the body of the case is supported and they use a mic.

Not all brass is the same and different lots are different also. I buy at least 200 pcs at a time same lot- for hunting my tactical / bench / LR guns I get at least 500 of the same lot. Then weight them and gather in lots and mark them well, same for thickness- name of the game want them all the same or close as possible to the same, and keep the brass well marked.

never woulda thougth ! Slow down the press stroke....
Really like the HS gauge he uses. It's made by Forster the customer rep told me.

I believe that's a Mo's gauge. Mo Defina in Ct. has been making these for decades. (I have about 6 of them).