case forming 300 win mag

tbrice23

Does anyone have experience with forming 300 h h mag to 300 win mag? I dont mind neck turning and am pretty experienced in fire forming but any suggestions on the topic and suggestions for other parent cases for 300 win mag is much appreciated.

I'd simply run it into the fl die set to barely chamber the round in your rifle and trim back, then fire-form with a mild load. You may want to jamb your bullets for fire-forming depending on how much shoulder you actually end up with. Check your neck thickness of course, but I doubt you'll have much of an issue unless your 300win is tight necked.

Thanks Lefty. I have a new 300wm barrel and using brass on its 5th shot. I always buy new brass for a new barrel but im SOL for new brass this time. Love to try some RWS if that ever materializes.

My trusty paper clip tells me my brass is still thick by the belt. They've only been FL Sized twice and anneal every firing so I may be good for a couple more firings.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.