Case cleaning

walnut hulls and brasso

I would not recommend using Brasso. It contains ammonia which will weaken the brass, and could lead to the brass cracking. I would recommend using a brass polish designed for cleaning cartridge cases. Lyman makes one, but it used to have a citrusy odor which I didn't care for. I have been using Flitz tumbler/media additive.

In vibratory lizard bedding. It's just finer ground walnut for a fraction of the cost.

I started with the vibratory cleaner and realized quickly that it was creating a lot of dust, particularly during the media separation phase. Given that I have spent a better part of my entire life exposed to some pretty evil chemicals and compounds in aircraft maintenance, I opted to go with the Lyman wet tumbler using SS media. All of the brass (regardless of starting condition) comes out looking like brand new. I also opted for a Lyman case dryer and it makes the entire process pretty Murphyproof.

Never heard this can you give Detail

I learned of the product in this article - Jim outlines his process and I have found it to work well!

depending on the brass : I'll do dry corn or walnut with some fritz or wet tumble with ss pins, lemi shine , dawn platinum , and franklin cleaning solution.. Sometimes I'll get two runs before changing and then start over again. Depending on the dirty brass etc etc..

I wet tumble with SS pins and 711 cleaner from TRC cleans the insides like new and takes the primer pocket residue out. Add a table spoon of lemishine if you want the brass to look like new.

Sonic clean with simple green and warm water the rinse and let dry, it doesn't make them bright like other methods but it gets the primer pockets and the rest of case clean. It's cheap and a gallon last a long time.

As necessary I use -

Rifle: vibratory with walnut or corn, still has the rouge residue from some red Lyman. (Need to change it out someday)

Pistol: wet, pins, Turtle wash and wax liquid, lemishine due to very hard water.