Carpenter Bees

Just got back in a few minutes ago. Shot (11) bees with single shots and then got a TROPHY!!!
Shot a WHITE FACED HORNET!

We had a standoff about 15' away- The Super Hornet (White Face Devil) started to build a cone nest in the top part of our Deck. He saw me shooting the other Bees and took flight right at me with his legs forward and his STINGER poised for a strike. It brought me back into the days I ended up in the Hospital from the venom in the Stinger. I had only miliseconds to react! Turned the BuckMark Barrel in the direction of his flight pattern 10', 9', 8' 7', 6' my brain kept saying SHOOT, but my finger was slow to respond 5' the trigger was squeezed, the hammer fell, primer went off, charge ignited, shot roared through the barrel and several #12 pellets struct this demon.
I WAS SAVED BY PURE INSTINCT SURVIVAL!
Alas my aim was TRUE!
I survived!

True story.
I got stung by 13 of these buggers when I was 14 years old and ended up in the hospital and almost died.
Been deathly afraid of them ever since.
Thank God for a good BuckMark Pistol and CCI Shot Shells!

Attachments

• White Face Hornet f.jpg
    White Face Hornet f.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 28
  • White Face Hornet.jpg
    White Face Hornet.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 34
True story.
I got stung by 13 of these buggers when I was 14 years old and ended up in the hospital and almost died.
Been deathly afraid of them ever since.
Thank God for a good BuckMark Pistol and CCI Shot Shells!
How you gonna cook that critter? You know you need to eat what you kill, beside it'll help you build up your resistance to getting stung again. lol 😂

Taurus SC generic Termidor (fipronil) does wonders on them. Kills for a while. Also fights termites. Spray wood and they will die just from landing on it.

Spray 1oz per gal and it treats yard for fire ants also. Not as quick to kill them but they won't come back for a year.

Recent Posts