Carolina Precision Rifles

Greg Duerr

Has anyone ever used Carolina Precision Rifles as your Gunsmith

What is your opinioin

How long should it take once you have sent your smith an action and the stock for him to put together your rifle...............................One year or more??

I realize that some have more business than others................what experiacne to you have.

Has anyone ever used Carolina Precision Rifles as your Gunsmith

What is your opinioin

How long should it take once you have sent your smith an action and the stock for him to put together your rifle...............................One year or more??

I realize that some have more business than others................what experiacne to you have.

I and a friend of mine have used CPR. The results has been very good. However, my friend had both of his rifles rebarreled and refinished by CPR after Hurricane Katrina. He reported to me that it took an inordinately long time to get the work completed. A year or more is too long to wait for a rifle if you supply the parts.

Im not an expert or anything like that but I will give my input. Go custom and be done with it. There's alot of website on this forum you can purchase parts without waiting. The rifles that Len has are made with better components and will probably out perform the H.S rifles. You can thank us later when your ringing steel at a 1000 yards :D

If you supply the parts about three months should cover it. If they can't get it done in that amount of time they are either understaffed, unorganized, and or sandbagging their customer base so they feel like they won't run out of work. Move on and find another builder unless you are just dying for one of their rifles.

I and a friend of mine have used CPR. The results has been very good. However, my friend had both of his rifles rebarreled and refinished by CPR after Hurricane Katrina. He reported to me that it took an inordinately long time to get the work completed. A year or more is too long to wait for a rifle if you supply the parts.

I asked them if they were affected by Katrina and they said no.

My rifle was shipped today 4/20 it has taken one year.....................I ordered my rifle with a Pac Nor Barrel. CPR said that they wait until they have a lot of requests for pac nor before they order, said that get a bigger discount when they order in a larger volume. They got my barrel nine months later instead of ordering it when they received my action and $$. I had a big problem with that.

I asked them if they were affected by Katrina and they said no.

My rifle was shipped today 4/20 it has taken one year.....................I ordered my rifle with a Pac Nor Barrel. CPR said that they wait until they have a lot of requests for pac nor before they order, said that get a bigger discount when they order in a larger volume. They got my barrel nine months later instead of ordering it when they received my action and $$. I had a big problem with that.

That is why I always buy the parts.

CPR wasn't affected by Katrina. My firend had 16 feet of water in his house for several weeks.

Me too. I will assemble as many parts as i can and it's usually three months or less, cause they are waiting on parts for other builds if you have all the components alot of times yours gets built. Pac-Nor is usually pretty quick relatively speaking 12 weeks or so. I don't think that a smith could save much on a barrel buy anyway. If you look at the cost of a custom rifle the barrel is the second cheapest part anyway, right behind the trigger group. If they make you wait a year for them to save 25 or 30 bucks that they won't pass to you anyway, they just wasted a year of your life anticipating your new rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.