aquila precision rifle

Yes I sent my Ruger MK II into him. I am not impressed with his machining skills at all. All he had to do is thread the barrel for a suppressor, move the front sight and build a custom barrel nut. Well my pistol barrel came back with chuck marks on one side. The front sight screw was a flat blade type screw that until now had never been messed with and is unremovable because the flat blade groove is so screwed up that you cant even think about getting a screw driver to work with it. As for the barrel nut....I've seen **** poor threads many times and these are definitely unacceptable. The crown that he put on the barrel/nut looks like it was machined with a hack saw. As for his measuring skills....well....they don't exist, the barrel nut was made too big and it doesnt fit right from shoulder to muzzle and it's bigger around than the barrel when it was supposed to be blended in... All for the price of 185.00 and a quoted turn around time of 1 month...2.5 months later...I wish Wyoming and Texas weren't so far away from each other I'd pay Chris a visit. So if your looking for this kind of work please contact Chris at Aquila firearms 1-877-7ri-fles

Well got my rifle back from chris, and he did a great job. Brake looks and works great! Big reduction in muzzle jump and accuracy improved. Brake is solid and there is no visible joint. turn around time was good. nuff said !

im glad you had good luck with him. i wouldnt have him work on a red ryder bb gun after what he did to my ruger mkII!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.