Carcas Disposal

Here in Illinois, this is one thing I could not do. No raw meat products in the solid waste containers. I guess I could BBQ it first. Thanks to everyone for their ideas. Quite frankly, I did not expect so much response to this question. I think dragging them off to a secluded fence row is the way I will go, unless the property owner wants them removed, in which case I will improvise.

Last edited:
Leave 'em for the scavengers and predator birds. The crows, magpies, hawks, etc. will make rapid use of the carcass. Don't feel bad about leaving Wily where he drops. Ultimately, the ants will take care of anything the birds leave, except the skeleton.

It all coms down to. DONT **** off the public I dont have a prob with leaven them were thay lay. There just another part of the food chain. But other people OBOY

I shoot where there are few people. Naturally, I wouldn't leave a carcass on the courthouse steps, so it depends on where you live. In the outback of Nevada, where there are thousands of acres of nothing, there is no problem, so hunters must use their heads and use just a small bit of discretion. The only "public" members who would object where I shoot are those liberal idiots who drive up from Hollywood to view the local yokels and bitch about how "rich" the local ranchers are getting from growing alfalfa, without having had anyone explain to them that in some years, ranchers operate at a loss. People like this are nothing less than ignorant asses. I love to "**** off" these morons. Screw 'em.

Iam with you a 100% on that. Iam in the metro aera. One year awhile ago with a momtary laps of stupidy I left my sight tag on a deer carcas. Every day I drove over the MN river so I dumped it down there gess who found it the DNR my luck it costed me 200.00 bucks and I had to go pick up the garbage. Reminds of arolw gruthery's alcie's restrant LOL

Hi yotemen, Just a note.This week here in the northeast area (lower New york) a coyote attacked a women strolling in a wooded area by her home. She received bites all over her arm&leg.She said it was as big as a German Shepard dog.He was hungary.With all the hawks,eagles,owls&falcons at a peak population small animals are scarce. coyotes are competeing for food! I live in New Jersey and summer of 08"we had a yote attack a child. Both insidents received national news coverage.The coyote&bears take many deer fawns in the spring.So lets help the animal world, "KILL THEM COYOTES"!

There is another point to carcass disposal and that is to be careful about the funky stuff coyotes can carry, you can get some seriously scary stuff from critters. Keep some disposable gloves in your pack if you have to handle them. Just a little reminder:)

That's the point! The animal was hungry; humans are nothing more than another food supply to them when their ordinary prey is not available. Coyotes ordinarily don't attack humans and should not be associated with being "mean," as are some humans. Coyotes are usually solitary when their food supply is adequate, but if it is a matter of pure survival, they may well attack humans, lap dogs, cats, etc. that provide for easier prey. Coyote attacks on humans happen, but are rare---at least on the west coast. We are more concerned about mountain lion attacks.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.