What do you do with the Carcass?

kbb468

Quick Question,
This year will be my first try at coyote hunting. I have no need for the hide but I wanted to know what do must of you do with the carass after you shoot one, bury it, leave it, ...? Here in Alabama on land where we hunt whitetail I have been seeing increasing signs of coyotes and decreasing signs of small game such as rabbits and I think the coyotes are to blame. I hear them all the time while in my stand and I figure it has to be an increase in population to constantly see signs and hear them.

Regards

I guess I should drag them off and dump them in the creek to keep the smell away from my hunting area.

I have talked with the landowners/ranchers I hunt coyotes for and I dump them off where they dump their dead animals or garbage. If you leave them lay it may become a potential problem. Go the extra mile and the landowners talk and you will have more land to hunt than you know what to do with. At least it worked for me.

Brent

PLEASE don't throw a carcass into a creek. It will pollute everything down stream. Talk about p___ing off a land owner to see a coyote or two floating down his creek for his wife or kids to see.
Where in AL do you hunt?

kstrick

You are right, the creek is not a good idea. I should ask where to discard of the carcass as stated by blipelt. And if there is no where recommended then I should make a suggestion of some where far away from the hunting and grazing areas.

I hunt just south of Selma and around the border of Marengo and Perry county.

KBB

I staked down deer hides out in a harvested bean or corn field for long raage crow shooting. A carcass should work just as good.

I skin them and sell the hides.Some i use for my mountain man gear.I use a muzzle loader.A true blackpowder rifle. no inliner for me thank you

nnomad46:)

hang 'em on a fence post, toss 'em up into a tree for the vultures, skin em out, drop 'em off at the rancher's dump site, or whatever. Not good to drop em into the creek, though...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.