Carbon Fiber LR AR 300 WSM

jcoop

I'm not really an AR guy but have always wanted to put a LR Carbon AR10 together.
This one is built with a
side Charging upper (never liked the rear charge on AR's),
24" McGowan 300 WSM barrel that I turned and carbon wrapped,
3 port brake,
all carbon buttstock and forearm tube that I built from scratch,
SLR adjustable gas system,
Geissele 2 stage SSA-E trigger
Opened bolt face.
JP Silent capture spring with heavy buffer weights installed. With this you don't have that AR spring twang in your head and it runs quite a bit smoother.
Will also be putting a Vortex gen 2 PST 5-25 on once it shows up.
I still have to install the front rail for Bipod and sling mount
It weights in at 8lb and is very pleasant to shoot. I have not ran it since it was completed but I did throw the upper an another lower and it shot around 3/4" at 100 with the one load I tried, so it should do much better now with load development.
300 WSM AR10 (002).jpg

300WSM ar10 3.jpg
300WSM AR10.jpg

Looks awesome. What bullets you shooting? I loaded 190vld in my 12twist 300wsm and they were extremely accurate with h4350

Looks awesome. What bullets you shooting? I loaded 190vld in my 12twist 300wsm and they were extremely accurate with h4350
Thanks,
I have only ran the 190 ab lr and RL17 from my other 300WSM through it (had to seat them quite a bit deeper). My plan is to run 180 Nosler AB's if they shoot well, as I wont have to seat them quite so deep (the mag is pretty tight on space). This was kinda built as a medium-long range rifle not really a dedicated LR rig.

That's really cool. I get my carbon pipe/tube from Dragon Plate. I reinforced the sling stud with another cut 1/4 diameter of pipe superglued to the ID of the forend tube. You can get a sling stud mounted Picatinny rail for your bipod that way or attach it directly to the sling stud.
20170106_140711.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.