Can't find primers in large rifle mag or large pistol mag

i shoot about 2,000 or little more a year. myself but i bought this many because 2 of my friends that shoot wanted 2,000 of them. They are so hard to find so i just figured they don't go bad at least not in 4 or 5 years. and you never know what the Government is going to do... As you can tell if they would decide to control the primers instead of the guns... what good is a gun with no bullets.. we all can change powders or some can even make powder.. and we all can do the same with the bullets... but you can not make primers. So if i am part of the problem then maybe i am not the only one thinking this way.
i say large rifle magnums sell for 200.00 for a 1,000 of them on gun broker not to long ago.... So i apologize if this upsets you but i am going to continue to buy them when i find them.

Hey dude, it took a lazy man to invent the wheel. Guess if we don't have primers, electrical systems will come into their own very quickly.lightbulb

Hey Cheyenne, I hear you loud and clear. I was able to secure 2 bricks: 1 large rifle mag and 1 large pistol mag. Once we get past this war thing, we will see the stuff flow again. Of course, I was hoping the shortage might bring a better electrical ignition system so we could do away with primers altogether. :cool:

I found a source in the Dallas Fort Worth area that still has some Federal 215 large magnum rifle primers. I just picked some up this morning, they have 2 bricks left...that is all they have in regards to primers.

If anyone is interested I am more than willing to give them the name and number of the store.

I spent about 3.5 hours last week on the phone calling all over. There are some places out there that still have stock. You just have to use the internet and search, log alot of calls, but I believe you can still find some somewhere.

Take Care
SC

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.