can you neck turn once fired brass

Thanks everyone I do fullsize new brass first and will before I turn the necks on once fired.for some reason though I turned some new brass and they didnt group as well as the not. I didnt lube the neck and used a drill to spin them(slowly).so I redid some with lube and by hand hopefully they will do better.I'm shooting a savage f/tr with factory barrel

Last edited:
Turnling necks is usually restricted to tight neck custom chambers. With those, virgin brass must be first turned. If yours is a factory barrel, there is plenty of clearance and neck turning is not necessary. You can, of course, skim turn those necks to improve consistency, but you will most likely not see any substantial change on paper.

It depends on how you do it , If you add partial neck sizing and body die sizing then skim neck turning will give improved accuracy in many cases, works for me

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.