Can someone tell me about labradar

I have owned my Labradar for seven years and have been very happy with it. Once I learned how to make sure it was aligned with the target it performed well. I like being able to use a number of rifles without relocating the unit. (I rotate rifles during hot weather.)
It sounds like the new Garmin is a nice unit too. I am satisfied with my Labradar and the ability to create a separate shot series for each group.
Duane

After receiving my Garmin, I sold my LabRadar, for me the Garmin is simply a better tool, smaller, easier to set up, no external trigger needed, and an easy interface with a phone ap. LabRadars are selling around here pretty cheap, like $250-275 with lots of goodies.

I've had a LabRadar for a couple of years and it works great. By my second trip to the range I had the parameters set correctly (I just followed the directions.) I shoot suppressed, and my range is often crowded, so I use an external trigger. If you're a tinkerer you can make your own external trigger for under $10, which is what I did. Instructions to make the trigger are on the internet. My recommendation is to pick up a used LabRadar if you want to safe some money. If you're not price sensitive I'd go with the Garmin. I'm keeping my LR because it works fine for me - I'll save my $$ for my next custom build!

I have Labradar, Magnetospeed, and ordered a Garmin.

My LR has been great. I use the inertia trigger 100% of the time (mainly for consistency) but other than that it's how it came and has been very reliable. The 4000 FPS speed limit has become problematic with some of the small bore magnums I'm working on (17-250AI, 20 WSSM, 22 WSM).

Magnetospeed works fine for the laser rifles. I don't have a jig to mount it on the stock, what I'm using it on it's NBD to shoot a few with it strapped on the barrel. On a few of my very large magnum hunting rifles that would be deal breaker, I'm not wasting shots on those barrels to get velocities so off-gun like LR (or Garmin, etc) is a must for those.

Looking for the Garmin to mount on a diving board over the scope on an ELR rifle. Appears very promising and looks nifty, but for me it's an unknown quantity at this time.

I'm not getting rid of the LR any time soon, it has a good set of features and I don't see anything about the Garmin that's straight up better, just a smaller package doing the some of the same things.

I drive an almost 20 year old truck, shoot 30-06 and 6.5CM, but still watch The Longest Day in the original black and white. I'm fine with new things, they just need to bring something to the table other than a tweak to claim the title of "better". 6.5CM isn't "better" and I doubt the Garmin is either.

Been using a LR for several years and am happy with it. If I were buying new for a first, I would likely get the Garmin, and only because of what others have reported about it not recording over 4,000 FPS. If that is not a concern for you, a used LR can be had for a pretty good deal right now.

I have a Lab Radar & like it. I've not had any issues with triggering; but I don't use it at a busy range. A guy I shoot with used the new Garmin the other day. It worked well, there were 5 of us shooting a 300 yard fun match and about 125+ shots were fired. The Garmin picked up only his shots. But, it's pretty darn small, nice to carry around, but the screen is 1/3 the size of my iPhone! The numbers were small. So while I like aspects of it - rechargeable, better battery life, more compact; I'm not selling my Lab Radar just yet…

To the original poster, if you find a deal on a Lab Radar, I'd grab it and use it with confidence…

I have Labradar, Magnetospeed, and ordered a Garmin.

My LR has been great. I use the inertia trigger 100% of the time (mainly for consistency) but other than that it's how it came and has been very reliable. The 4000 FPS speed limit has become problematic with some of the small bore magnums I'm working on (17-250AI, 20 WSSM, 22 WSM).

Magnetospeed works fine for the laser rifles. I don't have a jig to mount it on the stock, what I'm using it on it's NBD to shoot a few with it strapped on the barrel. On a few of my very large magnum hunting rifles that would be deal breaker, I'm not wasting shots on those barrels to get velocities so off-gun like LR (or Garmin, etc) is a must for those.

Looking for the Garmin to mount on a diving board over the scope on an ELR rifle. Appears very promising and looks nifty, but for me it's an unknown quantity at this time.

I'm not getting rid of the LR any time soon, it has a good set of features and I don't see anything about the Garmin that's straight up better, just a smaller package doing the some of the same things.

I drive an almost 20 year old truck, shoot 30-06 and 6.5CM, but still watch The Longest Day in the original black and white. I'm fine with new things, they just need to bring something to the table other than a tweak to claim the title of "better". 6.5CM isn't "better" and I doubt the Garmin is either.
Guy I shot with over the weekend had his Garmin mounted on his f class bi pod. Worked like a charm.

I was using Caldwell with sunshades. Added illuminated shades so I could move it closer to the muzzle which was under a roof at the range. Works good. However I got the Garmin and it is a joy to use. No learning curve. Turn on, couple menu buttons then shoot. I write down velocity for each shot in my notes so I've not practiced using the shooting sessions yet. I have paired it to my iPhone which is fine. The price will drop some more on LabRadar so at some point they will be an interesting option for many.

I was researching on this site labradars because I was tired of my magneto speed not staying in place on my barrels when I read that garmin will be releasing soon, so I waited. I wish I could thank whoever that was. Not saying labradars are bad but I can pack the garmin up the mountain to my range now. We used 2 garmins roughly 6' apart and neither one picked up each others shot. Not sure if anyone has stated this but once it is on the phone app you can edit to add notes, add bullet weight and it will list ke ft lbs. On the app you can export as a csv. doc and print each session if wanted.

Guy I shot with over the weekend had his Garmin mounted on his f class bi pod. Worked like a charm.
The smaller size is going to open some good options for stuff like this. Brian Wink at Safety First Tactical posted this last week, it's where I got the idea from:
brian wink garmin.png