can i rebarrel it in 7 ultra

rebelfootball73

well i just picked up a used sako 75 in 7 STW. the rifelingin the barrel still looks good but i have started looking into rebarreling it in something different after this one is shot out. after looking into different cal.s i have settled on either the 7mm remington ultra or 300 remington ultra. my question is can i actually have the gun rebarrled in these cals? if not what other ones should i look into. cause its really hard to find 7stw ammo in louisiana

well i just picked up a used sako 75 in 7 STW. the rifelingin the barrel still looks good but i have started looking into rebarreling it in something different after this one is shot out. after looking into different cal.s i have settled on either the 7mm remington ultra or 300 remington ultra. my question is can i actually have the gun rebarrled in these cals? if not what other ones should i look into. cause its really hard to find 7stw ammo in louisiana
load your own!!
If you want to be able to find 7mm ammo for it in a few years I would not go with the 7rum; rem's killing it and doesn't currently chamber a catalog rifle for it. The 300 rum is strong, but most belted mag rifles have trouble digesting the rums without alterations. I'd go 7 rem, 7stw, or 300 win if you want to re-barrel.
p.s., if you treat it well, the 7stw will take 1500+ rounds before it starts to show serious wear.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.