Can I Edit Settings To See Posts Differently?

iSnipe

One discouraging thing for me when I read any post here, is the long right-side scroll I have to do to read someone's post. At other forums, I only normally see this happen when someone posts a large picture.

For example, all of you reading my post now must be doing the same thing, correct? You have to scroll to the right just to finish reading what I'm posting. ??... then scroll back to the left... then scroll to the right, etc, etc. LOL!

I know I can do Settings> Control Panel> Display> Settings> Screen Resolution greater than 800 x 600. I don't like to do that because then the words/type is too small to enjoy. LOL!

Is there a way in my account to edit settings so I can see each post with a narrower left to right margin?

Also, how do I get into my account without clicking my own username? I looked several places on my screen and I don't see a link? It must be right in front of me. LOL! Right now to do it, I have to click "Private Messages" to get in back door.

Thanks for the help.

iSnipe

This same thing came up not too long ago. Usually it's a result of your screen resolution being set way too low although in some cases people can still see some sites without scrolling side to side. I see a full screen with no scrolling necessary. I use a screen setting of 1280 x 1024 and have no problems at all reading everything.

I also use Firefox and an addon called "No Squint", which allows me to change the zoom level of the entire site page as well as being able to separately control the zoom level of just the text.

I find that a setting as low as 800 x 600 makes things hard for me to see as well as being too big and it causes me scrolling problems. I guess you just need to find a combination of settings that works for you.

As far as I know there is no setting in the User CP that allows you to change how you view pages on LRH.

If you want to see your User CP, go up to "Quick Links", click on it and towards the bottom of the pull down click on "User CP" and you will be there.

When I go to that high a screen resolution, as I had indicated before, the words are about 1/8" of an inch high.(6pt.?) That's way too small for me to read without rubbing my nose on the screen. LOL! When I go to "normal" resolution, 800x600, the font size is around 8pt... none too large and is what I've been use to.

I have a screen magnifier called Virtual Magnifier, but only use it for pictures, etc. Maybe I can enlarge the settings, move to a higher screen resolution and see if I can read more comfortably.

The tip to go to "quick links" helps.

Thank you very much for your assistance! Take care,

iSnipe
icon14.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.