Can I Bitch ?

gj

My Kenworth T-600 transmission blew up last monday $895 tow bill,,, $8,000 for new rebuilt trany
Friday the regulator and inside blower fan blew up in my Chevy Silverado $300.00
Today got stung by a wasp.
Trany was supposed to be done today NOPE maybe tomorrow ? o_Oo_Oo_O
OH and the chrome is flaking off the front of one off my bolt carriers !!!!

Last edited:
Welcome...Series 60 Detroit.. potential Full inframe rebuild (not reassuring when mechanics are scratching their heads)...10 -18 K depending on kit and what else may be discovered....horses decided to go walk about and take 10 head of cattle with them last night....I haven't even looked out the door since I got them back in this morning...Oh yeah my load for this week canceled due to Houston trying to imitate the delta....

But hey I am this side of the dirt....So far! :)

Welcome...Series 60 Detroit.. potential Full inframe rebuild (not reassuring when mechanics are scratching their heads)...10 -18 K depending on kit and what else may be discovered....horses decided to go walk about and take 10 head of cattle with them last night....I haven't even looked out the door since I got them back in this morning...Oh yeah my load for this week canceled due to Houston trying to imitate the delta....

But hey I am this side of the dirt....So far! :)
Well you have the most bullet proof engine made,cheap to rebuild ,be glad you dont have my Cat Acert !!!!

LOL that makes 2 dumb a$$es hear at Long Range Hunting... Glad Im not alone !

A fellow driver had one of the twin turbo Cats (C15?), think he went thru about 5 turbos, he hauled super loads, before they fixed it, Converting it to single turbo and making a monster out of it too, don't remember the specs he quoted, but if you weren't careful you could spin the shaft, before they got a custom made one installed with bigger yokes and he put in the high torque 18 speed transmission.

He went straight pipe for a while, but picked up a ticket in Washington State, then went to the most open flow mufflers he could find, still pretty darn loud, without Jakes!

A fellow driver had one of the twin turbo Cats (C15?), think he went thru about 5 turbos, he hauled super loads, before they fixed it, Converting it to single turbo and making a monster out of it too, don't remember the specs he quoted, but if you weren't careful you could spin the shaft, before they got a custom made one installed with bigger yokes and he put in the high torque 18 speed transmission.

He went straight pipe for a while, but picked up a ticket in Washington State, then went to the most open flow mufflers he could find, still pretty darn loud, without Jakes!
I just wish i had my pre EGR cummins back that 475 SXT would easily out pull this 550 cat Acert boat anchor !

Its big bucks to convert to single turbo ....

OH yeah, definitely not cheap and there is some concern that the Mod, may not be legal under EPA mandate.

I am seriously tempted to talk a buddy out of his K900 with a 3046B 425, no ELD, no EPA, lots of power, but crappy fuel mileage, expensive to rebuild, not too mention it's an aerodynamic brick wall...but the long nose, big bunk, 18 speed , 24 in rubber and 265 wheel base...just enough chrome to look nice, but not so much it would take 3 days to polish it....

Hmmm....Looks towards wife who is tapping her foot and scowling at the mere thought of such a thing....no I think I will stay with what I have :) (Yes dear, No dear)

I am seriously tempted to talk a buddy out of his K900 with a 3046B 425, no ELD, no EPA, lots of power, but crappy fuel mileage, expensive to rebuild, not too mention it's an aerodynamic brick wall...but the long nose, big bunk, 18 speed , 24 in rubber and 265 wheel base...just enough chrome to look nice, but not so much it would take 3 days to polish it....

Hmmm....Looks towards wife who is tapping her foot and scowling at the mere thought of such a thing....no I think I will stay with what I have :) (Yes dear, No dear)[/QUOTE]
LMFAO

Last edited:
**** how did we get here on a gin page? BTW you cant go wrong with the Cat 3406B and they're not that bad to rebuild, pull like team of mules with a good switzer turbo on it. heck you can pull 24 pounds of boost off the jake. And them big sq nose looooong hood W900 KWs and 359 Pete's just aint nothing looks any better.

**** how did we get here on a gin page? BTW you cant go wrong with the Cat 3406B and they're not that bad to rebuild, pull like team of mules with a good switzer turbo on it. heck you can pull 24 pounds of boost off the jake. And them big sq nose looooong hood W900 KWs and 359 Pete's just aint nothing looks any better.

Whats a gin page?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.