Can A Bullet Be Zipping Too Fast? Hammer 99 Hunter @ 3170 FPS On Hogs

No such thing as too fast, but you can have too many rpm with a cup and core.

Load those hammers fast and take the time to aim. It doesn't matter how many shots you take if they don't go where you want them to. Take your time and make a good shot. The pigs will be back and you always have the advantage, especially with that nice thermal optic. It's not about how fast you shoot, it's about how fast you can shoot accurately.

You made a very well put together video and I look forward to another. You don't have to impress anyone by shooting every hog on camera. Do the best job you can of getting good shots and that's enough. It seems like most of the youtube vids out there have guys trying to wipe out the entire herd in 2 seconds, but in my mind it's bad sportsmanship to rush the shots and take shots that you know are not good. I would much rather see good sportsmanship, respect for the animals, and a successful hunt, than bullets "sprayed" all over a field hoping to hit the next pig. I don't want to come across the wrong way here, but I do want to give my input on what I saw. Keep up the work and be safe. Nothing like smoked pork.

Expansion? What expansion? FMJ has killed everything I shot even 55gr fmj on hogs. 3,800fps+ from a 264wm w/85gr has been a killer. Those were the only non fmj I've used. I have some 144gr Lapua fmj-bt that should get over 3,200fps on my new build, but waiting on parts. I'll try some 123gr fmj Lapua from a 300wm also. Velocity could be over 3,500?
3 Hogs down, Kinda.
Really curious if I am zipping this little pill way too fast for hogs?
It was my fastest hunt to date. Literally 5 minute walk down to property and pew, pew, pew...
When I get back from my Prairie Dog Hunt, gonna try and run this through some ballistic gel.

View attachment 191522

Amazing bullets!

If it is legal where you are, then go ahead. Here in WI it is illegal to use non expanding bullets. We use lead or open tip jackets. I realize that a bullet does not need to expand to kill, but when you are trying to cover bases with a million hunters, it's best to require expanding bullets in the hope that less game will be lost.