California monster public land buck!!!

Well all tags in california are a draw but a, b, c and d never sell there quota so really there just a OTC tags lol. What d zone did u hunt? This one was the d3-5 tag

Exactly. D16 in San Diego is not technically over the counter anymore according to fish and game. It's stupid though as the success rate is 7%..........

I usually get my buck on public but if I'm having trouble I'll call up a buddy and beg him to not let me eat tag soup.

Well it was off public land in d zone!

Right on!!! Wasn't trying to slight your buck. Just saying I've seen some monster deer taken off A and B private ranches and the fact that the tag was OTC didn't mean squat. I'm hoping to see a deer half that size in an X zone this weekend.

Awesome public land buck!!!!

davkrat the title of the thread is California monster PUBLIC LAND buck. And OTC does mean something, usually there is higher success rate in draw tag zones. Try hunting public land D zone some of the toughest terrain and almost never see a buck that big or a buck in general.

Nice buck Califoriahunter

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.