Cabelas Dakota Alaskan Guide Model 97

colohunter

I have a chance to pick up one of the Cabela's Dakota Alaska Guide Model 97 in 7mm on a straight across trade for my Hill Country 308. It's NIB and is part of a run that Dakota did specifically for Cabela's. Does anyone know anything about these rifles? Are they worth the money? I guess Dakota uses aluminum bedding block but no other bedding. They're $4500 which is a lot of scratch but like I said, it'd be a trade for me which makes it a bit more attractive. I have a new AI AT arriving soon so I don't need to keep the 308.
Thanks in advance for any advice,

The issue with trades is its what you think is a good deal. If you think you're on top then go for it. I can't speak for Dakota, but based on some research and looks it SEEMS like a great rifle. I saw some hill country rifles in action at my local range and whoever you're trading with probably thinks they are winning on the deal. Once again it's your preference.

Yea i agree but I have a few Hill Country rifles, I have a Zeiss Conquest on top of it that's why the even deal. Hill Country build lasers and I asked them about these and they were the ones that told me I might have to accurize it a bit more but said they were good from what they knew,

Well if you're trying to diversify your collection then go for it. Trades are always fun and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.