CA 270 WSM conversion to heavies

Northkill

Got a high mileage 270 WSM in the Christensen Arms Classic w/the detach mag. There's no room to seat further out than SAAMI - about 2.875" COAL max. What options have you found or know of that might work for me to get this rig converted without rebuilding the whole gun? Planning to upgrade to a Bartlein Carbon 24" w/8 twist. Also would like to run the 140 Badlands Superbulldozer 2's as well. Guessing I'll have to upgrade the action to allow for the length...or is redoing the mag box an option? I don't like seating my bullets way back in the case. Let's hear from you all.

Christensen does a long mag box in the 6.5 prc, it's 3.055 internal. The action will need cut for it. Idk what footprint the CA detach bottom metal is, but if it's M5, you can run a Hawkins M5 oberndorf with a long internal mag box and get longer coal. Bolt stop will need be modded as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.