Buying a License??

JAshley37

I'm having a hard time understanding how to go about getting a license to hunt in this region. 2 friends and me are trying to make a trip out west to do some whitetail hunting, but to be honest it's quiet different than getting them here in Georgia. Can someone explain the drawing? We'll we be able to hunt together at the same time and place? We was wanting to do a unguided hunt. Basically just drive up hunt 3 or 4 days then come back. Is this possible?

I have hunted in Colorado before at one time you could get a bull Elk tag over the counter but you had to put in for the mule deer tag . I think you may be able to get a bull tag over the counter now and I believe you can get a Cow elk tag over the counter as well . Colorado is one of the non hassle states to hunt as a non resident . If you have never had Elk before your in for a treat with respect it makes Georgia white tail taste like potted meat :D

hopefully one of the wetern folk will chime in .

BigBuck

Each state has its own rules and regulations, (most all of wich require a lawyer to interpret:D). But wich state were you considering? I may be able to help shed some light on some states for you.

Dang, I could help you out with Or, Wa, and Id, but I cant help you out in the other 3. You may want to send a P.M. to Bigngreen, He's from Mt. and may be able to give you some ideas on when and how the draw works in Montana for whatever species you intend to hunt. Tikamike is from Wy. You may want to send him a P.M. as well.
Both are very nice guys and are trustworthy IMO.
Sorry I couldnt help out more.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.