Bushnell Tactical Scopes

Fleavitt

I'd like to hear from some people that own some of the higher end Bushnell scopes. I'm looking for a scope for a savage 10 in .260 rem. I use the gun for deer, coyote and some target shooting out to 600 yds. I was looking at these on Bushnell's web page but am nervous about spending 900 bucks on a Bushnell. the features are all there, I'm just not sure on the reliability.

Do you like your scope, are you satisfied?

Please, I know NF, S&B, and USO are better scopes, please save comments on scopes that are on a different level, and in a different income tax bracket.

Thank you.

I've got a 4200 6-24X50T that works great. It tracks solid, doesn't ever fog and is clearer than my new Viper PST 4-16. I really like that the eye relief is not as critical in the Bushnell as is the Viper PST. I don't know about the newer ones.

I'd like to hear from some people that own some of the higher end Bushnell scopes. I'm looking for a scope for a savage 10 in .260 rem. I use the gun for deer, coyote and some target shooting out to 600 yds. I was looking at these on Bushnell's web page but am nervous about spending 900 bucks on a Bushnell. the features are all there, I'm just not sure on the reliability.

Do you like your scope, are you satisfied?

Please, I know NF, S&B, and USO are better scopes, please save comments on scopes that are on a different level, and in a different income tax bracket.

Thank you.

I have a few Bushnell 3200 10X40 mildot scopes on rifles I only shoot offhand. Some are chambered in magnum calibers. (7mm RM, 300 SAUM, etc) Those are $200 scopes. I don't consider them "precision" because they don't have parallax adjustment, but I've not had one fail in any way.

LouBoyd said:
I have a few Bushnell 3200 10X40 mildot scopes on rifles I only shoot offhand...I've not had one fail in any way.

I have one that failed. Windage adjustment sticks. Oh well, it happens. I have another one thats fine. I still think they're a great value. But that scope is a bit off topic.

The new Bushnell scopes are hit and miss in terms optical quality. I've inspected them at the last few SHOT shows. Some models are better than others, almost like they were designed and/or built by different groups.

The Tactical 3-12X44 FFP is one of my favorites - very good sight picture and optical performance. I like the 1-6.5X24. The 4.5-30x50 was also quite good, especially for a 50 mm objective, high mag scope. The 1.25-8X32 and 2.5-16x16X44, however, have only below average glare performance. I thought the sight picture on the 1.25-8 was a bit cluttered, too.

Good stuff so far, thank you. Im new to this type of scope so it all helps.

I'm thinking about one of the new Elite 3-12X 44MM - IR BTR, MIL Bushnell's web page says it will be available in March. This seems to be a safe choice since Bushnell says they will buy it back if I'm not happy. Has anyone tried that? Or found a need to use that. From the review on line, it should be a good scope....

For the money, Bushnell is a pretty darn good optic. I like the Elite's and have the opportunity to sit behind them on more than one occasion, and I can honestly say I was well pleased. The one thing I noticed was the Bushnell Elite had very good clarity at a 1,000 - 1,500 yards.

I have the 10x40 3200 and the 6-25x50 4200 and they have both bean great. the 4200 is the most expensive scope I have had so far......$550 or $600 and I will be trying to upgrade on my next scope purchase but I do not know how it could be improved except an moa reticle. I would like to branch out but these have bean good enough to make that difficult........that is difficult to stray into something else I mean, so I guess that says something about them even if it is based on a limited experience. Good Luck

Thanks for all of the input. The deciding factors will be that the Bushnell has all of the features I'm looking for at a decent price. Top that off with the buy back guarantee....

That guarantee is something to note, if you don't like it they will buy it back???? Why not give it a go?

I wanted to get back on this posting to give an update. I would up with a Vortex Viper PST. I am very satisfied with this scope. It works well under all light conditions including night hunting. Hats of to Vortex, I did have an issue with the illumination not working on one setting and Vortex fixed the problem and returned my scope in good time.

Unfortunately I had a buddy that wound up going with the Bushnell (Elite 3-12X 44MM - IR BTR, MIL) That I was going to purchase. This scope looked good out of the box, the finish was good and glass was clear. However, when we turned on the illumination we knew something was wrong. The illumination on this scope was a friggen joke. On the lowest setting the light was bright enough that you could not see past it in low light. I didn't look through it in the dark but it would not be any better.

We decided that no scope manufacturer would intentionally make illumination like this and Bill called Bushnell and spoke with someone there about the issue. The person he spoke to recommended he sent it in to be fixed.

Bill wrote a letter explaining the issue and sent his scope out for repair at the same time I sent out my vortex. Within 12 days I had my vortex back and on my gun. Bill waited and additional 2 weeks before being notified that his scope was being shipped back.

When he got his scope back the letter said that the scope was preforming within spec, no repair was done.

SO, either the scope was designed by someone who has no clue or their service department has no clue. Either way the scope is on its way back to take part in bushnells buy back program. I was very dissapointed in this scope for the market Bushnell is trying to compete in. Bushnell should stick to what they are good at, $100.00 scopes.

My Viper PST has made me a Vortex customer. While the scope did have a problem when i got it, Vortex handled it well with top quality customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.