Bushnell optics

MidwayUSA has the Forge on sale for $375-569. Half off! I had my local Cabela's price match yesterday so I could use my stockpile of gift cards. I got the 2.5-15x50 for my .270 deer rifle.

I saw that sale and it peaked my interest for a cheap extra scope to have around......I almost pulled the trigger on one after seeing that "Fire Starter" Turret test when looking for info on them......Not sure if I could bring myself to do that to ANY scope! Between it being in MOA Vs Mills, and the fact I really don't NEED it, I finally just bagged buying one! That sale looks like a good opportunity though.

MidwayUSA has the Forge on sale for $375-569. Half off! I had my local Cabela's price match yesterday so I could use my stockpile of gift cards. I got the 2.5-15x50 for my .270 deer rifle.
Thanks for the heads up. I picked one up.

FFP scopes have tiny, almost impossible to see reticles on the lower powers. For a hunting scope in FFP, I'm inclined to choose a magnification range on the lesser side because your scope will almost always be set on a lower power when moving and searching.

Update on the scope situation Weaver did send me the Bushnell Forge 3-18x50 Deploy MOA FFP reticle...... This thing is awesome I'm so glad they sent me this one instead of fixing my old weaver. I was a little worried I wouldn't like all the stuff the reticle has one it but I think I prefer it to the old Duplex I was using. It has good solid clicks in the turrets. View attachment 126472 View attachment 126473 View attachment 126474 View attachment 126475 View attachment 126476 View attachment 126477 View attachment 126478 View attachment 126479

@Charley Morgan after just sighting this scope in I would highly recommend it.
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet and how do u like it what u shooting it on I have a 2.5-15-50 forge that was sent as a replacement for a legend ultra hd 3-9-50 I have it on a browning safari 3006 first time I shot it 3 shots with 180gr federal cartidges the windage turret just free spinning called bushnell took the Allen tools that came with the scope tightened them got audible clicks on the bore sight all is moving as it should haven't shot it again yet waiting on cooler weather before shooting again hope ur experience was better than mine but if all holds together I love this scope

georgiaoutlaw: I have same scope on a 300WSM build and bought it dirt cheap off Midway. I paid $349 and got a $100 Visa card back from Bushnell so cheaply acquired. I was tapped out for funds for better optics so decided to try it for now.
Here is my spin on my specific scope 30 MM 3x15x50 Forge:
  1. Comes with nice scope cover, sunshade and pretty handy adjusting tool
  2. Turrent clicks are solid and hold tight. Held in place with three set screws so no getting loose at least not easily.
  3. Zero stops work pretty good. Easy to adjust and manage.
  4. Clarity is OK, not as good as I would have hoped for. I have Nikons that seem to be better clarity at distance. The side focus adjustment works fine but just doesn't seem to be really crystal to me. Its good enough to go out to 500 or so which is what I put this rifle together for in Indiana private land hunting. Then again this is not an high end optic so probably normal.
  5. Adjustment ring lever is nice and easy means to grab the magnification you want easily.
  6. Deploy MOA SFP is not as busy as I thought it would be and seems fine for what I want in a reticle. I need to test it out as fast hold which I haven't done yet. Primarily I haven't settled in a specific load yet.

I bought the 2.5-10x44 Nitro FFP from Cameraland to put on a Savage 12fv and so far I'm impressed with the clarity and quality albeit it made a heavy gun heavier. As Mike 338 said, at low power it's almost useless for low light hunting but overall I'm very pleased.

Have the 2.5-10x44 Engage with the Deploy MOA. The scope is mounted on a cheap but good quality 7mm Rm Zastava and is a tack driver. Never had a scope in 250/300 dollar range with the features and clarity of this one. I highly recommend Bushnell and hope they keep up the great work. The last Bushnell I owned 20 years ago was totally junk and this one is quality.

Last edited:
I have one on a rifle and absolutely LOVE it. The Forge line is amazing and I can not say anything bad. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.