Bushnell Elite 6500 optics for XP100?

308 nate

I am nearing completion of my 6.5wsm XP-100. I have been doing some research on some scopes and am thinking of trying a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42.
Here are the questions I have...

Is the mill dot reticle to heavy? I tried to get dimensions from Bushnell tech and he didn't even know what MOA was. He could understand clicks....sorta.

What is the eye relief compared to a mark IV 6.5-20 in real life?With my MK4 I can pull my eye back 5-6 inches and still have a full field of view. their web site says it's about 4" as opposed to Leupold's 3.6. Just wondering how quick it blacks out as you pull your eye back.

What are the turrets like?
Is there 15 minutes per revolution?
Do you rotate elevation counter clockwise for up?
and windage counter clockwise for right?
Do they have revolution marks to count which revolution you are on?

Would love to hear from anyone using one of these scopes.

I am also interested in their new DOA 600 reticle, but would like to know line thickness as well. The rep said something about 1/4" MOA, but he didn't seem to necessarily know what he was talking about.....I asked for reticle diagrams and he didn't know that they had them.....

308nate

Hi Nate
I have had one for 8 or so months now on a 280ai.The mildot reticle is not heavy at all, thickness wise its closer to leupolds LRV ret than a standard duplex. milldots are true on 10x being SFP
I havent got a MKV to compare but eye relief is ok.
The turrets are positive and read 12 moa /turn although the click value is a little off .On mine it was 3.57 clicks /moa. no problem though and very repeatable. Sidefocus is on the money for distance. theres no indicator for over one rotation ( need to keep brain engaged) Dial up is anticlockwise as is dial right. The pull up to reset zero is a little soft which was a concern but is yet to give me a problem. Iv got a count back from full up to zero on my drop chart just in case.
I have 45 moa of useable dial up (only need 25 to get to 1000yds.)
I bought this one out of curiosity, thinking that Id give it a spin then upgrade but its still here.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.