Bushnell elite 6500 reliability?

TBuckus

Looking to build a 6.5/06 from a current rifle I have for deer/antelope. Paper for practice.

I've heard of some brand scopes having issues with Returning to zero. What about the 6500? I've heard quite a few compliments on this scope but don't want to get stuck with an unreliable scope.

This will be my first LR rifle. My goal is to have it accurate out to 1000yds, with 6-700 yds a realistic goal for game.

I'm 0 for 1 on them. Never had a bad scope in my life. Got the 2-16 elite 6500 in 10 days before opening firearms season here in Missouri and it would not focus on anything beyond 25 yards. I am assuming parallax is bad. Long story short, had to put my old scope back on as I didn't have tine to get this one in and fixed before last Saturday's season opener. Pretty disappointing. Have about 20 other scopes and never an issue. I know everybody makes a bad one once and awhile, but I'll stick with NF, Vortex, or Leupold from here on in.

Bummer to hear that.
I have a HST 4-16 on it right now as it sits. Was hoping to hold off on a NF or March until I build my elk gun, but I'm probably better off getting that now and moving it over later.
We'll see how the funds go when I get to the end

A lot of folks use them and love them. Others may have different experiences than I have. Good luck to you.

I have one on a 6.5 I use for hunting out to 600 and shooting out to 1000. It's a great scope for the money and weight is good. It's a full ti build so cost wa not an option. Wide power range and light weight is what I was looking for and it fit the bill for my carry gun.

I have one on my hunting rifle. It moved the right amount when I sighted it in and the glass is very good. I don't twist so don't know if it is reliable in that area.

I have one on my hunting rifle. It moved the right amount when I sighted it in and the glass is very good. I don't twist so don't know if it is reliable in that area.

Which reticle did you get?
I was looking at the 4.5-30-50

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.