Bushnell Fusion1600 ir Leica crf1600 - please help me decide

tim_novy

hi, i am planing to upgrade my accessories. just ordered a kestrel 4500nv with bluetooth + vane mount and now i want to buy a better rangefinder. my budget is 1000usd and my options are bushnell fusion and leica crf1600.
please tell me your experience with these 2 products.

thanks

Leica has and does build the finest, most advanced surveying equipment in the world
and has for longer than we've been alive. I have one of their theodolites that measures
in 1/2 seconds or in lay mans terms that's 1/400 of an inch in a 100 ft. Their range
finding technology is born from their surveying division.
I have a Bushnell 1000 yard rangefinder and it won't, not on it's best day and most
reflective target. It also doesn't work at all in cold weather. (big help in Mt. where I live)
The companies just don't build comparable products. It may be an exaggeration but for
me it's like comparing a Yamaha motorcycle with a briggs and stratton driven mini bike.

Leica has and does build the finest, most advanced surveying equipment in the world
and has for longer than we've been alive. I have one of their theodolites that measures
in 1/2 seconds or in lay mans terms that's 1/400 of an inch in a 100 ft. Their range
finding technology is born from their surveying division.
I have a Bushnell 1000 yard rangefinder and it won't, not on it's best day and most
reflective target. It also doesn't work at all in cold weather. (big help in Mt. where I live)
The companies just don't build comparable products. It may be an exaggeration but for
me it's like comparing a Yamaha motorcycle with a briggs and stratton driven mini bike.

Well said Leica is a way better range finder I have a leica 1200 and a swar 1500 and i find my self going to the leica most of the time so i'm fixing to get the 1600 and sale the swar. But there is a new LR G7 BR2 coming out soon that looks to be really nice so i'm waiting till then to see how it works out. take a look

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/g7-br2-rangefinder-62841/

some new info for my case. i have found both products at 930usd with all taxes included + shipping to romania. i like more the design of the bushnell but i have to think also about performance and reliability .
i don't know if i will go beyound 1000 meters but in the future maybe i will upgrade my rifle too.
i need some info from the one who have these products. thanks

I haven't spent much time with my Leica 1600, but have got 1569 and 1571 yds. so far. I can't find anything I don't like about it so far. I love the small size and clarity.
Good Luck,

I have owned both Leica's and Bushnell's and there is no comparison. The Leica are far superior to anything Bushnell makes.

I am also looking at the leica. Does it have the true ballistic range built in when it computes range?

I have a Leica 1600, it does not display true ballistic range. It does tell you the angle in degree's. It's ranging abilities are fantastic!

looks like someone decided for me and i just received a gift (bushnell fusion).
i was going to buy the leica but the bushnell will do for the moment.
i tested today the bushnell on a little foggy day and measured buildings up to 1432yds. this was the farthest building i could find. i will do more testing on little objects next week.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.