Bushnell Elite or Fusion RANGE FINDER HELP

Terrytf

going to get a new range finder are the bino's any good ? I planed on getting the Bushnell Elite but now thinking it would be nice to have the bino's and one less thing to pack . but I don't know any one that has tryed the bino's and at 750.00 I could get some thing better than the Bushnell Elite 1600 arc . please help if you can.

Last edited:
I used to use the Bushnell range finders and was all set to get the Fusion until I got educated about beam divergence and did some calling and the Bushnell has the largest beam of any range finder I have found to date. Both the Fusion and Elite have a 4 mil beam, so they will range good but you don't have any idea what your actually ranging in most hunting situations which leads to maximum frustration!!!
Not looking down on the Bushnell cause I have and use the 1200ARC and really like it for bow hunting and short range shooting but for long range the beam is just to large so I use the Leica.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.