Bushnell Arc 1 mile???

If you are talking about the monocular and not the bino combo I have it. Haven't hunted with it yet but I have ranged a white horse in full desert sun at 1,100 with it. Hit juniper trees at 1,600. I have not reached 1,760 with it yet but it goes plenty far for me.

Hunting buddy was hitting trees at 1500 yards yesterday, furthest we have ranged a whitetail at was 8xx some odd yards, pretty dang good on a small animal. 1000-1400 is real consistent, after that it starts to fall off.

One MAJOR downer is the display, in low light, there is a very faint red square that fills the entire POV (assuming this is unavoidable with that RF) however, it obstructs your field of view, my leupold 1200 doesnt have that problem.

Hmm. Can't recall a red screen keeping mine from being usable. Have you tried turning the brightness setting down? I'll try to check mine tonight but it had never bothered me before. I do adjust the brightness to fit the conditions a lot though.

I have a 10X ARC 1 Mile LRF binocular and really like it.

I've programmed it with my cartridge and set it to read in mils for my Mil Dot reticle. So far it is very close with the ballistic hold advice, within two inches of zero at 400 meters.

It gives excellent readings out to 1,200 meters (my choice of readout) off of rock faces of all types. It is good on "normal" brown tree trunks to 1,000 meters and aspen and birch to 1,200 meters. I like to bracket the target to check the accuracy of the reading.

I use a .300 Win mag in a Browning A-Bolt and it's a good 800 meter/yards cartridge.
Soon I'll load 230 gr. Berger hybrids to see if I can tighten my groups.

I think for the money it is hard to beat. Took mine out this weekend and ranged a rock outcrop at 1360 yds. Ran that into my calc and the shot was right on for elevation, not so much for windage ;) It did take some scanning to find just the right spot on the rock but it worked.

I have also been looking at the same rangefinder. Sportsman Warehouse here said they have sold several and had no complaints back about them but that was all the info they had on it. I tried one out at the store but it was hard to read the display outside and the sales person didn't really now anything about it or if the display could be adjusted. I did some research, found out how to adjust the display but when I made it back to the store to try it again they had sold it and didn't have anymore on hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.