Thoughts on Bushnell 1 Mile Rangefinder

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new rangefinder for long range hunting. I need it to be dependable and able to pull at least 1000 religiously, hopefully more like 1200-1400 given good conditions.Most everything I read sways me towards the Leica and the G7 for these kinds of distances.

However a friend of mine recently bought the Bushnell 1 mile and he swears it ranges past 1000 no problem and 1300 with good conditions. However I am skeptical because I owned a Bushnell 1500 that struggled ranging 500yards.

I am just curious if anyone else has experience with this rangefinder (good, bad, or otherwise). I have a hard time trusting Bushnell, but if people really are having good results with it then I wouldn't mind saving the extra $$ compared to a Leica or G7.

Cheers!

I use the pro1m and it has no trouble ranging a man sized target @ 900yds I've been using it for 2 years and love it I've ranged out as far as 1610yards its repeatable durable and haven't let me down yet go for it!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.