Bushnell Elite 1 mile ARC

I'm not sure if you mean the binos or the monocular (although $500 would probably be the mono). A friend of mine has the binos: The glass isn't that great but it is good enough to hunt with. The laser is awesome! The laser is very accurate and consistent and it is very easy to range with. I could hit trees at 1800 yards with his.

I bought the monocular because I didn't want to downgrade my binocular glass, and because of the price tag. The laser is the same in both. My mono has ranged out to 1680 or so. The laser works very well but it is necessary to hold the unit steady when ranging long range. From my house I can hit a flag pole at 1600 yards. The unit is well built and easy to range with, especially on anything 1000 yards or closer. Bushnell has a one year guarantee; if unsatisfied you can return the unit for a refund within one year. I like the one I have a ton. It is the best bang for the buck for sure.

Used them, won't own one. The issue is that to get a range and make you feel awesome they use a beam deliverance that is the size of a simi which is great till you try to range a game animal in natural terrain and you start getting ranges that are different each time or you shoot to the range and you bullet falls way short or goes way over. They work well in bow range, that is all my buddy trust his, beyond that we use my Leica 1200 or 1600.

Used them, won't own one. The issue is that to get a range and make you feel awesome they use a beam deliverance that is the size of a simi which is great till you try to range a game animal in natural terrain and you start getting ranges that are different each time or you shoot to the range and you bullet falls way short or goes way over. They work well in bow range, that is all my buddy trust his, beyond that we use my Leica 1200 or 1600.

+1!

I own a pair and love them for their consistency and accuracy when compared to professional surveying rangefinders, as I had a chance to do.

I don't know what "Feenix" was ranging or why he did not get good results but mine do great on game. 770 to 805 meters was my furthest on Mule Deer and it worked very well on each animal in the herd. They displayed my hold over in Mils (for my Mil Dot reticle) for each animal based on my 180 gr. .300 Win. mag. cartridge. You can also set it to read in MOA. The herd was above me at maybe 20 deg. and if there was any needed hold-under I was confident the binos would subtract it to the calculated hold display.

For the money they are THE best binocular/LRF on the market. And they carry a lifetime guarantee.

I own a pair and love them for their consistency and accuracy when compared to professional surveying rangefinders, as I had a chance to do.

I don't know what "Feenix" was ranging or why he did not get good results but mine do great on game. 770 to 805 meters was my furthest on Mule Deer and it worked very well on each animal in the herd. They displayed my hold over in Mils (for my Mil Dot reticle) for each animal based on my 180 gr. .300 Win. mag. cartridge. You can also set it to read in MOA. The herd was above me at maybe 20 deg. and if there was any needed hold-under I was confident the binos would subtract it to the calculated hold display.

For the money they are THE best binocular/LRF on the market. And they carry a lifetime guarantee.

Sorry not mine but my friend's, we cannot range a muley at 400 yards. I have a Leica 1600 and ranged it without any problem. Last year, I ranged a herd of elk at 1830.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.