Burris Zee rings and recoil?

bigngreen

How much recoil will the Burris Zee rings hack, I need to get a little more MOA out of a 338 RUM with a brake and I'm unsure if they'll hang in there not having used them much before.

Last edited:
Re: Burris Zee rings znc recoil?

I think they are great rings ,but would not count on that small screw as a rounded recoil cross bar with 338 ultra's and bigger with 300 plus grain bullets. If they improved that part of the ring I would like them alot more.

Re: Burris Zee rings znc recoil?

May I add, optic weight..... Newton's Law....'A body in motion tends to stay in motion'.... until arrested by a larger massive object..... Big firearm, big optic = big rings.

Just a thought for your consideration ... does your scope configuration allows you to do similarly to what Kirby does on his beaut of a beast below ...

23984418.jpg

23983990.jpg

Good luck!

Ed

I use the burris signature zee rings on my 338 edge shooting 300gr. at 2840fps with a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 and have had no problems whatsoever. My zero has stayed the same since I first sighted in the rifle.

I have used them on 338-378 light weight rifles with sport weight scopes without a problem, but it does seem to be an issue with some of the extremely heavy military scopes that are popular. The main issues that I have seen are people mixing insert sizes on the same ring they should be the same size - and + of the same value. I do wish that they would do a better job of labeling the inserts to avoid problems. The base grooves are generally way too wide for the ring cross bolt and probably should be glassed in. The cross bolts do take a little patience and have seen them cross threaded giving the false impression that they are tight. The 1 inch rings have 2 cap screws per ring which is adequate for 1 inch tubes and the 30 mm have 4 screws per ring which is adequate for 30 mm tubes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.