Burris XTR III 3-18x input

tahoe1305 I'm am curious how close mine will be with my OMR barrel once it comes in.
So I have a tikka d18 (medium thickness …#3/4 ish) and I think I'll have about 1/3" clearance with caps. I'm good with that. I have a CF that's maybe .15inch thicker and will be about perfect.

I'll have them in 48 hrs and take pictures.

I really like most all Burris products, I've always had excellent customer service here is my sig cross 6.5 creed with a Burris signature HD 5-25x 50 and yes those are wheeler rings believe it or not I've had no problem with the rings

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 45
Here's mine mounted in vortex pro mediums with factory d18 tikka barrel. .3" from cap bottom to barrel as it sits. My other barrel is a tad thicker and likely result in .25" clearance. I think lows would have worked fine. And may exchange for them.

Attachments

• IMG_9900.jpeg
    IMG_9900.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 38
How's the tracking and zero hold on these scopes?
I've always had problems with Burris not being very reliable in that department

I've run my XTR3 for a while now with zero tracking issues. I used the 30x model to kill two rock chucks at 1200+ yards last spring with my 223. I've been very happy with it so far. The Race Dial is a nice addition too if you want to write on your turret for competitions or to mark different targets on your home range.