Burris XTR III 3-18x input

haisardao

I was wondering if any one here have some experience with this scope. They look robust and reviews appears to be good. Plan is to use it on a 300 RUM, shots up to 600 yards on game from pronghorn to Elk. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
H

I have two of the 5.5-30x XTR3s (US made). They sincerely punch above their weight. The glass is surprisingly good & they are built like tanks. If I had to say, there's literally only one thing I don't like about them. The magnification ring is stiff & the knurling is sharp. I threw MKM throw levers on and the problem was solved. I am told they loosen up, but no sense waiting. If I can drop $3k on two scopes, I can spend $50 on throw levers.

Reviews state that the XTR3 has one of the best eye boxes & best field of view on the market. I can attest that they are both very good, especially at the price point.

I have also been told that the 5.5-30 seems to be preferred to the 3.3-18 as the glass seems to be more forgiving. I heard this multiple times, so there must be some merit behind it.

Here's a ~50 page thread on Sniper's Hide regarding the XTRIII.

You won't be disappointed, I really, really like mine.

t

Thank you, I appreciate your answer and info provided. I'll
Pull the trigger today on one.
Best
H

You're welcome. I have all three generations of the XTR: OG, XTRII & XTRIII... the XTRIII is 2 or 3x the optic the first two generations are, easily.

Post a pic of when you get it mounted!

t

Did you get the XTR III? I have a 5-30X56 on my ELR rig. It has been lovely.

A big sleeper in the scope world is the Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR II now DMR III. My DMR II 3-21X50 is an absolute beauty. I can confirm it's tracking on target with a set of calipers! It was on my ELR rig, but it has the H59 reticle that's really more suited to help with a 308 WIN at distance. Lol!